top speed in RAV4?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longschlng22

I was testing a GPS device during the weekend and in one of the reports, a co-worker said I was speeding at 82 mph. I didn't think it was that bad since it was going up the I-5 through Camp Pendleton, but I was just getting curious what the top speed of the RAV4 EV was. What's the fastest you guys have gone in the EV? I know it is not efficient if we go faster speeds, but just out of curiosity what speeds are you able to go at before the computer forces you to slow down.

http://www.toyota.com/rav4ev/features.html#!/mechanical_performance/4480

Top speed in Normal mode is 85 mph.

Top speed in Sport mode is 100 mph.

Just as an aside, I believe the Chevy Volt has exactly the same top speed limitations as the RAV4 EV in "normal" and "sport" modes respectively.

i don't put too much weight on top speed. It's useless here in the states.
In Germany, with their autobahns ( no speed limit express way) then it's a different story.
What's more important is your 0-60

OUR RAV4 EV will leave most ICE from one traffic light to the next.
it's that Instant Torque that leaves most ICE drivers sratching their heads.

Dsinned said:
Just as an aside, I believe the Chevy Volt has exactly the same top speed limitations as the RAV4 EV in "normal" and "sport" modes respectively.

The Chevy Volt is limited to 101 mph in both modes. I should know, I hit it a couple of times. :cool:

My wife went 88 mph in normal mode (not testing out top speed, just happened to be that speed while passing someone on the tollway in Austin). I kept waiting for the 85 mph limiter to kick in, but it didn't. The speed limit on the toll way is 85 mph.

88 seems to be the top speed in normal mode.

Sport mode, I've heard pple going over 100, but I guess I'm just a bit too reserved to test that one.

In normal mode I can just brake 90 and hold it there.
in sport mode I have only pushed it once and I was able to get it just over 100, not by much. I guess I haven't tried to hard cause I am never out side of the city on open freeway.

Back