Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Intermittent propulsion - new motor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 am 

kimberlyr wrote:
Wow! I am floored with your experience. My RAV4 has been at Toyota El Cajon since Oct 14, 2017 with the exact same issue and they are still going back and forth with Tesla....Carlos is still the tech and they told me they had 7 EVs I. The service dept. at one point and are now down to 3. I have the Platinum warranty and the mileage is only at 31k on a 2014 car.

They first replaced the gateway ECU which had no impact. I expected them to then tell me the engine was up next based on other driver’s experiences but nothing. Supposedly have been waiting on Tesla this whole time.....

Can you tell me when you dropped yours off?

I’m a driving a rental they are paying for but I don’t understand why it’s taken this long. Toyota and Tesla know what parts are failing in these cars so there’s no reason it’s taken this long for mine.

Congrats to you though!! Hopefully based on your experience my car will have the enigine replacement soon.

Did you open a case with the Toyota Experience Center (corporate customer service)?? You should definitely open a case with them explaining where the car is and how long it's been there. There is only so much the dealer can do, but corporate can apply a little more pressure or prioritize your car.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 am 

That’s quite a different experience than I have. I’m not sure what to say other than I went into this expecting an experience more like what you describe due to my readings on this forum. As you read, my experience was truely smooth.. literally a non event.

I dropped it off either Dec 7 or 8.. I don’t recall.

Unfortunately I didn’t make it down there quickly enough to see the new motor (engine) before they installed it but I did see the crates. They had two Tesla motor crates -mine and apparently someone else. Carlos was the EV tech. I didn’t have direct interaction with him other than when I went to look at the motor (crates) we passed him in the service area and I spoke to him briefly & thanked him for his work.

I saw one silver rav in the service bay when I was there. Apparently it was in for a motor change also.

I’ll see if I can attach a pic of the crates at least.

I don’t have any special warranties or anything so I don’t know why mine went more smoothly than others seemingly do. My (limited) experiences with Toyota El Cajon have all been positive. I don’t have a lot of experience though as my rav has needed little to no maintenance in its 40k+ miles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:12 am 

I guess pictures have to be externally hosted. I’ll try that later.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:39 am 

Finally heard Friday that Tesla is shipping a new motor. No ETA on when it will arrive, but at least I now have hope.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:10 am 

Got my car back... nicely detailed and so excited! Fingers crossed it keeps accelerating when I ask it to...lol

Only 5 months in the shop.... :(