Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Serial Numbers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 am 

Just bought a 2014. Having a little delay getting it shipped from Minneapolis area to Milwaukee area. But had a good couple days trial run with it up there. Anyway, the VIN ends in 2966. Does that indicate it was number 1965 of the ones sold to public?

Post subject: Re: Serial Numbers
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:46 am 

I think they started around the 1000 range

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 pm 

pcspilot wrote:
Just bought a 2014. Having a little delay getting it shipped from Minneapolis area to Milwaukee area. But had a good couple days trial run with it up there. Anyway, the VIN ends in 2966. Does that indicate it was number 1965 of the ones sold to public?

You are now the 4th owner in WI I believe. Andrew Toyota in Glendale will do the inspection and issue the extended care warranty, should you choose to want it.

All the other dealers locally said no (including in Madison). Toyota of Brookfield went as far to say that they've had one sitting in their repair center for over 3 months, waiting for work to be done, and they will never go down that path again.

Toyota has been cancelling out of state warranty sales after the 30 day hold period. Be careful, depending on the what the dealer in Texas and Montana offer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:54 pm 

Thanks, I at least plan to inquire at Andrews Toyota about the extended warranty.