Battery light on!!!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stradivaria

Hi, I have a problem with RAV4.
I have 12V battery signal all the time on (small read battery on the speedometer) I am not sure that it is for a 12v system malfunction.
I had some problems with the main battery (contactors was replaced) no faults in the Tesla system side, but light still lights on all the time.

Does anybody experience that light on? What does this light stand for?

Thank you!!!!

stradivaria said:
I have 12V battery signal all the time on (small read battery on the speedometer) I am not sure that it is for a 12v system malfunction.
I had some problems with the main battery (contactors was replaced) no faults in the Tesla system side, but light still lights on all the time.

Thank you!!!!

The DC to DC converter may have failed. Turn the car to READY (ON), and use a voltmeter to measure 14 volts (plus or minus 0.5 volts) on the 12 volt battery.

If you have 12.7 volts or less, the DC to DC has failed.

It is charging, I have measured 14,3V in Ready modus.

Is this light stands for 12V system or for HV system faults?

TonyWilliams said:
stradivaria said:

Thank you!!!!

The DC to DC converter may have failed. Turn the car to READY (ON), and use a voltmeter to measure 14 volts (plus or minus 0.5 volts) on the 12 volt battery.

If you have 12.7 volts or less, the DC to DC has failed.

stradivaria said:
It is charging, I have measured 14,3V in Ready modus.

Is this light stands for 12V system or for HV system faults?

RAV-Instrument-Cluster-Man-Page.jpg

I think this should answer your question.

stradivaria said:
Found the faults, fixed... The case is closed :)

Yes, it would sure be nice if you shared the details so that other's may learn from your experience. You were certainly eager to find help on this forum, so will you also share to help others that might encounter the same or a similar issue?

This is the result of the operation of the RAV4EV,
file.php

which occasionally / occasionally turned on the fault indicator of a 12V battery (https://youtu.be/i3_7cYj0wXw)

Back