$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is the dealer incentive for this deal. It seems like No Cal dealers willing to discount more than So Cal dealers.
Does anyone know why is that?
Thanks

EVnewbie said:
Bought a blue RAV4 EV after much lurking and learning on this site. Thanks everyone for your knowledge on charging options, utility charges, entune issues, etc. Dianne at Carson was great to deal with and offered 48k + tax + title, etc. I didn't really bother haggling down anymore from there as with the Toyota cash and the govt incentives, this is a great deal. Just moved to LA from NYC where Model S(s) are just starting to appear on the streets and in parking garages with EVSEs installed. That's out of my price range but I learned about the RAV4 EV right before moving here. Love it, wife loves it, and we have never had an electric car.

camiev said:
How much is the dealer incentive for this deal. It seems like No Cal dealers willing to discount more than So Cal dealers.
Does anyone know why is that?
Thanks

Dealer discounts are whatever a particular dealer is willing to do (and how good you negotiate).

What Toyota offers is in the first post:

http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/SpecialOffers.aspx

SOCAL:

Get 0.0% APR for 60 months PLUS $10,000 Finance Cash on a new 2012 RAV4EV

0.0% APR for 36 months, 0.0% APR for 48 months or 0.0% APR for 60 months
PLUS $10,000 Finance Cash
Includes Toyota Care

NORCAL:

Get 0.0% APR for 48 months PLUS $9,300 Finance Cash

Not on TV

Offer Ends 4/30/2013

I guess what goes around comes around . . . all of us early adopters got screwed and now it looks like all prospective buyers in N. CA are going to get screwed too. :shock:

I see it now, didn't put in the right zip code, my bad. How come they took out the -$9300 NoCal offer... Isn't that screwing over Bay Area dealers?

khaliss said:
I see it now, didn't put in the right zip code, my bad. How come they took out the -$9300 NoCal offer... Isn't that screwing over Bay Area dealers?
Beats me. I wonder if it was an oversight/clerical error or if Bay Area dealers are just out of '12 RAv4 EVs?

BTW, another So Cal zip you can probably always use is 90210, as in Beverly Hills.

I should have known about this Rav4 insane deal before we leased a Leaf... we could have ended up having 2 Rav4s in the garage LOL

Just purchased one tonight in the Bay Area and got the $9,300 finance cash and 60 month 0% interest.

There isn't much inventory here. Our silver RAV4 EV won't arrive at the dealer until 4/21. Most dealers have 1 car at most.

All the dealers I spoke with said the $9,300 was good until 4/30.

SneakyFast1 said:
Just purchased one tonight in the Bay Area and got the $9,300 finance cash and 60 month 0% interest.

There isn't much inventory here. Our silver RAV4 EV won't arrive at the dealer until 4/21. Most dealers have 1 car at most.

All the dealers I spoke with said the $9,300 was good until 4/30.
That's good to know because the RAV4 EV is completely gone from the Special Offers section of BuyaToyota.com when I entered a San Francisco or Cupertino zip code.
Cars.com only shows 16 Rav4 EVs in inventory within 100 miles of Cupertino with Walnut Creek showing the largest number: 5. Meanwhile they show 62 in stock within 100 miles of 90210 with 13 at Wondries.

One possible "solution" to the windfall to buyers of the continuing price erosion of Toyota's RAV4 EV, is for CA Dealers' inventories to suddenly dry up. In a few months, thanks to forums like this, with little more than "WOMA" (word of mouth advertising), Toyota can jack the price back up to MSRP, as it will become much more of a seller's market.

Toyota must have plenty of ongoing production of the other RAV4 models to keep the factory front loaded up in Canada, or just build out EV production and let them sit up their for many months to come. Then, CA dealer's can just start taking orders and the EV becomes a "BTO" Build To Order only transaction, that greatly favors the dealer during prospective buyer price negogiations.

Of course, such a strategy to return to "profitable" sales, could easily backfire with such low demand in the first place, even in the most populous, clean energy state of CA.

I suspect this may be one possible reason why N. CA dealers' inventories are starting to diminish so much lately. Whereas a few months ago, it was quite common for a dealer to have "your pick of the liter" inventories, now the norm is "only one left".

Nevertheless, there are still some absolutely amazing deals to be had out there for the foreseeable future. I only wish I waited to buy mine. :x

Exactly zero 2012 Rav4 EVs come up for San Diego (with 3.5 million residents).

Only two 2013s show up, $51,265, both Blizzard Pearl White.

Serial numbers 1683 and 1644:

Toyota Carlsbad
5424 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92008
877-541-8865

TonyWilliams said:

Other than the price, what is the different between 2012 and 2013 Rav4EV?

waidy said:
TonyWilliams said:

The VIN.

The 2012 has a "C" where the 2013 has a "D" in the 8th position from the right:

2T3YL4DV1DW001683

TonyWilliams said:
waidy said:
TonyWilliams said:

The VIN.

The 2012 has a "C" where the 2013 has a "D" in the 8th position from the right:

2T3YL4DV1DW001683
Wow, what an expensive D! Thanks for the "D"etail explanation.

Ordered for a Blue Rav4 EV over the weekend from Walnut Creek. It will be delivered by end of this week.

One specific sales person promised to meet or beat any offer I have from any other dealer, to keep my business local. He did match the price in my case and it worked well for me as I live close to this dealer.

They still had few left but none in blue. My original choice was a Pearl white with OEM leather.

Note: *It's dealer put in aftermarket leather* not OEM.

farabi said:
Ordered for a Blue Rav4 EV over the weekend from Walnut Creek. It will be delivered by end of this week.

One specific sales person promised to meet or beat any offer I have from any other dealer, to keep my business local. He did match the price in my case and it worked well for me as I live close to this dealer.

They still had few left but none in blue. My original choice was a Pearl white with OEM leather.

No such thing as OEM leather that I am aware of. They only have softex trim with fabric inserts.

OEM leather would be a nice option but to date no one has found any such deal. Somebody had the dealer put in aftermarket leather as part of the deal. I have done that on other vehicles.

TonyWilliams said:

Serial numbers 1683 and 1644:

Toyota Carlsbad
5424 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92008
877-541-8865

As they are near my house, I may have to stop by and see if I can spot any other differences other than the "D" and the non-bonus cash pricing.

Back