$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren said:
TonyWilliams said:
Exactly zero 2012 Rav4 EVs come up for San Diego (with 3.5 million residents).

Only two 2013s show up, $51,265, both Blizzard Pearl White.

Serial numbers 1683 and 1644:

Toyota Carlsbad
5424 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92008
877-541-8865

As they are near my house, I may have to stop by and see if I can spot any other differences other than the "D" and the non-bonus cash pricing.

I hope to be over there in a few hours to pick up my car with the new motor. By the way, I sure would like to have the Rav4 EV's outnumber the Tesla Model S at our Saturday meeting, but it's not looking too good !!!

TonyWilliams said:
Darren said:
TonyWilliams said:
Exactly zero 2012 Rav4 EVs come up for San Diego (with 3.5 million residents).

Only two 2013s show up, $51,265, both Blizzard Pearl White.

Serial numbers 1683 and 1644:

Toyota Carlsbad
5424 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92008
877-541-8865

As they are near my house, I may have to stop by and see if I can spot any other differences other than the "D" and the non-bonus cash pricing.

I hope to be over there in a few hours to pick up my car with the new motor. By the way, I sure would like to have the Rav4 EV's outnumber the Tesla Model S at our Saturday meeting, but it's not looking too good !!!
Long way for me to come from Ventura otherwise I'd be there! ;)

AvLegends said:

Come on down here to San Diego this Saturday early-early, and we'll hook you up to my 40 amps in the garage. About 180 miles means 55mph no heat should get about 160 miles. You'll need a 90 minute to two hour charge enroute at a public 208v / 30a for about 10kWh into the battery at 3.9 miles per kWh should get you here with reserve. PlugShare is your friend for the zillions of J1772 stations enroute.

You might win the long distance driven award!! You would need 3+15 hours on the road, and 1+45 hours for charging enroute, for 5 hours total each way. Leave at 3:30 am.

You're also welcome to come down Friday and spend the night at Casa Williams to be fully charged Sat morning. I want the Rav4s to out number the Model S cars!!

TonyWilliams said:
AvLegends said:

Come on down here to San Diego this Saturday early-early, and we'll hook you up to my 40 amps in the garage. About 180 miles means 55mph no heat should get about 160 miles. You'll need a 90 minute to two hour charge enroute at a public 208v / 30a for about 10kWh into the battery at 3.9 miles per kWh should get you here with reserve. PlugShare is your friend for the zillions of J1772 stations enroute.

You might win the long distance driven award!! You would need 3+15 hours on the road, and 1+45 hours for charging enroute, for 5 hours total each way. Leave at 3:30 am.

You're also welcome to come down Friday and spend the night at Casa Williams to be fully charged Sat morning. I want the Rav4s to out number the Model S cars!!
Thanks Tony! Really wish I could. Tomorrow is Archina's B-Day (girlfriend) and I told her I would fly her up to Santa Ynez for lunch on Saturday. I'd really be in BIG trouble if I bailed. I tried to run up the flagpole the two of us coming down to SD, leaving at 3:00 am and the look on her face was priceless... especially when I told her we would most likely have to stop and charge along the way, then do it again to get home. :)

One of the dealer quoted the price on 50,870/- for silver

gave me two optoins
Option 1. Toyota advertaised incentives + plus 5 year service and 8 year warranty
Option 2. $2000/- off

I still see the base price is high. I am thinking of asking them to combine both. I see the Edmunds dealer price as 47800/-. I am sure they they can do better Can anybody share their buying price? Any suggestions.? I drove one and loved it.

som said:

gave me two optoins
Option 1. Toyota advertaised incentives + plus 5 year service and 8 year warranty
Option 2. $2000/- off

I still see the base price is high. I am thinking of asking them to combine both. I see the Edmunds dealer price as 47800/-. I am sure they they can do better Can anybody share their buying price? Any suggestions.? I drove one and loved it.
Call Dianne at Carson Toyota... She has some for $48,200 :)

http://priuschat.com/threads/diannes-socal-inventory-and-deals-for-the-2012-rav4-evs-in-march-april-2013.123058/#post-1784529

Straight shooter. So Cal 10k Toyota cash leaves you at $38,200 before taxes/license. $2500 CA rebate and, if you can use it $7500 fed tax credit nets $28,200 plus taxes/license/fees. Are you in So Cal?

Good luck!

We are probably going to work with Dianne - does anyone know if there are limits or restrictions on the $7500 tax credit? For example, adjusted gross income caps, AMT claw-backs or other unfriendly surprises that may reduce the 7500?

AvLegends said:
som said:

gave me two optoins
Option 2. $2000/- off

Call Dianne at Carson Toyota... She has some for $48,200 :)

http://priuschat.com/threads/diannes-socal-inventory-and-deals-for-the-2012-rav4-evs-in-march-april-2013.123058/#post-1784529

Straight shooter. So Cal 10k Toyota cash leaves you at $38,200 before taxes/license. $2500 CA rebate and, if you can use it $7500 fed tax credit nets $28,200 plus taxes/license/fees. Are you in So Cal?

Good luck!

We have at least two $42.xxx out-the-door prices (achieved in the SF Bay Area) documented in this thread. Offering this up as a benchmark for prospective purchasers.

Read all about the $7500 federal tax credit here:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf

It is a "credit", and that means that if you owed $7500 or more in taxes, you will keep that $7500 money. It is specifically NOT a deduction of subject to thresholds.

hello all,
i'm about to make the leap and buy it.
my sales person says everyone buys the extended warranty.
he said is about $2000.

so my question is how many of you acutally bought it.
and if so, how much was it purchsed for...its for the extra 5 years of warranty.
thanks in advance.
also the dealer is willing to sell for $48700...not nearly as good as i hear but supply seems to be very tight in northern calif. here.
i am in sf bay area.
if anyone knows of a dealer in bay area with a good price, do let me know...thanks much!

gary2020 said:
so my question is how many of you actually bought it.
Not me. I will consider it when I come to the end of the 3yr/36k factory coverage. Can be purchased for much less at dealerships selling extended warranties like Acton Toyota. See below...

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=174

I know the inventory in the Bay Area is low, but that is artificial. There is no reason for there to be such a big difference between SoCal and NorCal inventories. If it persists, and the difference is more than $500, I would just go down south and get one. Driving it back is not so easy, but shipping it is not that expensive.

As a general rule, extended warranties on cars are not worth the money. As stated above, you don't have to buy it when new - and you don't have to buy it from the selling dealer. There are very good online discounts on the very same Toyota service plan.

Pushpak said:
We have at least two $42.xxx out-the-door prices (achieved in the SF Bay Area) documented in this thread. Offering this up as a benchmark for prospective purchasers.

I couldn't find those posts for some reason - were the dealers/sales rep mentioned? I'd much rather take a 42 deal over a 48. That brings the price down to 24,5 after discount/credit - and provides a very good safety cushion if we need to sell the car after a few months.

bocastephen said:
Pushpak said:

I couldn't find those posts for some reason - were the dealers/sales rep mentioned? I'd much rather take a 42 deal over a 48. That brings the price down to 24,5 after discount/credit - and provides a very good safety cushion if we need to sell the car after a few months.

I might be wrong but I think then $42k prices worked out like this.

Approx $48k sales price minus $10k Toyota Bonus Cash equals $38k plus $4k in tax (on $48k) to bring it to $42k. Then you take the $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 state rebate off that.

Darren said:
bocastephen said:
Pushpak said:

I might be wrong but I think then $42k prices worked out like this.

Approx $48k sales price minus $10k Toyota Bonus Cash equals $38k plus $4k in tax (on $48k) to bring it to $42k. Then you take the $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 state rebate off that.

I am the one who purchased it for $42K OTD from AutoWest of Hayward . The details are below

1) Cash Price of the Vehicle - $46400
2) Doc Fee - $80
3) Slaes Tax - 3950.80
4) EV registration fee - $29
5) Vehicle Lic Fee - $302.00
6) Registartion fee - $80.00
7) Calif tire fees - 8.75
9) Total Cash price $50850.55
10) Manf rebate 8800.00
11) Amount Financed - $42050.55

Ravisekhar, you got a VERY good deal!

I financed $3k more (OTD) "after" my 2007 SUV trade-in was applied as a downpayment, at least $5k below market value. Plus, back in November the best TFS financing available was 60 months at 1.9% with payments at least $100 more per month than I could of got today without trading in anything.

I HATE these type of threads because they just keep reminding me how badly I got . . . SCREWED!!! :x

ok, so i just got it.
not as good as ravish but i'm ok with it.
my cash price was 48719 which is $1000 less than invoice.
our rebate is $9300 as of this month.
then you have to add the tax and other fees similar to what ravish stated.
yes, i'm going to get the sticker for $8...why not, right?
come on, $8

very few left in bay area.
plus they took in a trade in which i did not think they would give as much so overall i'm happy.

so next is:
1) what is a good charging unit? i'm sure there is a diff thread on this...someone earlier was helpful to post something.
2) i noticed when i was driving home, it said there is a range of 50 miles on the dash on the left of the main display behind the steering wheel. but the bars next to it looks like it is about 90% charged. then on the right side of the digital display says i can get up to 69 miles max.
i don't have the AC on, just normal driving...does this sound about right? i just hope i don't have bad batteries.

any comments welcome since i'm a newbie with this vehicle
and thanks in advance
:)

gary2020 said:
1) what is a good charging unit? i'm sure there is a diff thread on this...someone earlier was helpful to post something.
2) i noticed when i was driving home, it said there is a range of 50 miles on the dash on the left of the main display behind the steering wheel. but the bars next to it looks like it is about 90% charged. then on the right side of the digital display says i can get up to 69 miles max.
i don't have the AC on, just normal driving...does this sound about right? i just hope i don't have bad batteries.

Congrats gary2020! I'm sure you'll love the car.

1) A lot of us here, including myself, have had great success with the Clipper Creek CS-60 being sold by an eBay seller in SoCal. http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=247. It is inexpensive and offers a charging rate as fast as the RAV4 can handle. That being said, it also depends on what king of electrical service you have available in your garage and how much you are willing to invest in upgrading if you don't currently have what would be necessary for the CS-60.

2) The estimated range (somewhat affectionately called the GoM for "Guess-o-Meter) is influenced by past driving history, so if the car has been sitting on the lot for a while doing lots of test drives, the estimated range is going to be on the low end. Having the climate control system on at all even with the AC disabled will affect the indicated range, but this is really just a guess on the car's part and may not affect the real range as much as estimated by the display. Based on the numbers you have posted, it sounds like previous test drives is leading the car to estimate a very poor range despite the state of charge. You might be well served in disconnecting the 12 V battery to reset the estimated driving efficiency. There is info here on doing that, but I don't have the link handy at the moment.

Dsinned said:
I HATE these type of threads because they just keep reminding me how badly I got . . . SCREWED!!! :x

And you keep reminding us :lol: Sorry, just kidding :oops:

Back