$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased mine from Haywrd Toyota,

I got a great deal from Jim and Damien. They were very both very professional and very knowledgeable about the EV.

I was pleased to find out that the deal they were offering was better then the advertised lease that Toyota has been advertising.

They gave me a lot of different option to chose from all of witch were lower than the advertisement.

I went with the 36 month unlimited miles lease. With only $3,999 drive off my payments were $325 a month.

Buying a car should always be this easy.

I would recommend Jim and Damien to anyone who is looking to buy a Rav4 EV. At the very least I would recommend talking to Damien and Jim before making a purchase anywhere else.

Give them a call at Hayward Toyota (510) 889-8000

rob76 said:
I went with the 36 month unlimited miles lease. With only $3,999 drive off my payments were $325 a month.

Do both of these dollar amounts include tax? Did you have to pay any other fees?

I leased my RAV4 EV under this offer.
Was advised that only three markets in CA offer them, SF, LA and SD. Toyota dealers outside those markets have not had training on the RAV4 EV. Even then, when it comes to the drive train, they call Tesla for a mechanic on issues.
Received a letter from Toyota this week stating that the 12K/year mileage limit in my lease was in error. It is unlimited mileage!
This does nothing but get better and better.
Love this car!

thersant said:
I leased my RAV4 EV under this offer.
Was advised that only three markets in CA offer them, SF, LA and SD. Toyota dealers outside those markets have not had training on the RAV4 EV. Even then, when it comes to the drive train, they call Tesla for a mechanic on issues.
Received a letter from Toyota this week stating that the 12K/year mileage limit in my lease was in error. It is unlimited mileage!
This does nothing but get better and better.
Love this car!

Did you specify that you wanted unlimited miles or just the standard 12k miles and they gave you unlimited?

Dianne Whitmire:
Very interested in the 2013 RAV EV lease. Live in West Palm Beach, FL. Preferred dealer Earl Stewart Toyota 33403. I think he may service Prius Plug-in's. Very worried about having no Toyota and/or Tesla service. Have you shipped any 2013 RAV EV to Florida?

I purchased mine from Toyota Carlsbad. When my test drive blew me away I asked the sales guy if the offer I read on the Toyota website about the $3,999 "drive-off" meant that if I bought the car I would simply write a check to them for $3,999 and the lease would be for only $299? He said "Yes!"
This was too good to not accept.
When he brought me the offer it was for $299 plus tax and license.
I told him that I did not want to pay more than we had verbally agreed upon and that I had walked out of three Hyundai dealers before I had bought the Genesis sitting outside his office. "But" he said "The fine print in the Toyota website offer says "Tax and license are extra".
At this point I reiterated my position and made motions to leave. He told me to please wait and went back to the Inner Sanctum to talk to Da Man.
When he returned they agreed to eat the tax and license if I agreed to pay the extra for the Blizzard Pearl paint? That was indeed an extra so I agreed and they agreed.
Life is good and gettin' gooder! I LOVE that car!

thersant said:
... When he returned they agreed to eat the tax and license if I agreed to pay the extra for the Blizzard Pearl paint? That was indeed an extra so I agreed and they agreed.

I'm almost afraid to ask... how much "extra" did you pay for Blizzard Pearl paint?

I just leased mine through Dianne Whitmire. Amazing deal with absolutely zero out of pocket and $444 per month payment with unlimited mileage. With the CVRP rebate of $ 2500 it is a win win deal.

thersant said:

Love this car!

Is this something we can get retroactively? Do I contact Toyota and request a change to my terms? I got the same deal you did with the lease, except the mileage (but i did not want to pay extra for unlimited). I'll take unlimited if they are giving it away!

Can you post the Toyota contact information on your letter?

TonyWilliams said:
thersant said:
... When he returned they agreed to eat the tax and license if I agreed to pay the extra for the Blizzard Pearl paint? That was indeed an extra so I agreed and they agreed.

I'm almost afraid to ask... how much "extra" did you pay for Blizzard Pearl paint?

The Blizzard Pearl added $395 to the cost.

rcsting said:
Is this something we can get retroactively? Do I contact Toyota and request a change to my terms? I got the same deal you did with the lease, except the mileage (but i did not want to pay extra for unlimited). I'll take unlimited if they are giving it away!

The letter I received was from Toyota Financial Services. 7676 Hazard Center Drive, Suite 650, San Diego 92108. Phone 800-874-8822

Methinks that this may be part of the Optional Excess Wear and Ue Protection Plan I purchased ($495). My wife had one on her Jetta lease and it paid for itself upon return of the car (windshield pit, tires and some dings). We now plan on using the RAV4 EV as our primary car and drive the dickens out of it.

TonyWilliams said:
thersant said:

Toyota charging more $ for Blizzard Pearl paint isn't a Rav4 EV only thing. That's the way it's been on the Prius ever since that color became available. I believe it started on Gen 3 Priuses (2010+). It didn't exist when I bought my Gen 2, which is their "Super White" color.

cossie1600 said:
Is the deal still on? This sounds pretty tempting. I wonder if my wife will trade in her RX for this.

Until Sept 3, where it likely gets extended. Toyota really needs to unload about 1700 cars before the hydrogen car arrives late next year.

Carson Toyota has $0 down, $444 month, unlimited mileage, $19k-ish residual.

TonyWilliams said:
cossie1600 said:
Is the deal still on? This sounds pretty tempting. I wonder if my wife will trade in her RX for this.

Until Sept 3, where it likely gets extended. Toyota really needs to unload about 1700 cars before the hydrogen car arrives late next year.

Carson Toyota has $0 down, $444 month, unlimited mileage, $19-ish residual.

I'm thinking about trading in the Chevy Volt and getting one for Diane. The only concern is the "EV System" issues and the firmware update concerns. I'm sure Dianne knows about this and all the RAV's being sold are fully updated, correct?

bruin nut said:
I'm thinking about trading in the Chevy Volt and getting one for Diane. The only concern is the "EV System" issues and the firmware update concerns. I'm sure Dianne knows about this and all the RAV's being sold are fully updated, correct?

No, Toyota isn't currently "proactively" fixing anything. Just have written in your contract that is has 1.3.62 firmware on delivery, along with resetting the backup beeper to a single beep and the door locks set how you want.

TonyWilliams said:
cossie1600 said:

can I get it for 414$ for 12K ?

raoufhanna said:
TonyWilliams said:
cossie1600 said:

can I get it for 414$ for 12K ?

That's right. Without a dime of added cap reduction, it's only $444-$448 for UNLIMITED mileage and $414-$419 at 12K annual. (it varies depending on your tax rate)

Please don't post to this thread as a reply. eMail me instead?
It gets confusing trying to find these details thru posts. Thanks!

1333 E 223rd Street, Carson, CA 90745

I have a dealer offering me an unlimited mile lease with $47,525 cap cost, .00001 money factor, at a payment of $455.53 inclusive of all taxes and fees. Residual is $19,920. Trying to figure out whether this is a good lease deal.

Back