$17,500 off by 1 Dec 2014, Production Ended August 2014

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much money down, 36 months, tax included, other fees included? you getting the blizzard white (extra $10 per month).

My deal was a bit better (about $2K better over 36 months) than yours But I did not get unlimited miles (dont need to pay a premium for miles I wont use)

Here are the full specs on the lease deal:

The numbers below assume $3,999 down - if $0 down my payment would be $455.53. I'm looking into the silver.

Selling price (as agreed) $47,525.00
Doc fee $80
Acquisition Fee $650.00
Registration $399
Gross Cap cost $48,175
Customer Cash $3,999 (if you chose)
Rebate $15,400 -
Total Cap reduction $17,003.51 -
Net Cap Cost $31,171.49.
MSRP $50,870.00
Residual $19,920.
Money Factor .00001
Base Payment $313.05
Monthly Tax $28.17
Payment $341.22

I'm going with the unlimited miles since I drive 80 miles per day at least 200 days of the year.

This is a great lease deal . If your able to get that selling price as you listed of 47,525, then thats about 2200 below invoice. Payments quoted seem correct as I ran the numbers ( i work for Toyota ) Jump on it !

Alan

It appears to be better than the deal Dianne has been giving which is already very competitive. What dealer are you getting the quote from?

We are very excited about the EV. Will sell our 2012 CRV to Carmax.

We have never leased before, pref to buy.

Beside the 7500 from Fed, 2500 from CA, does Toyota still give 10K like last year?

What is the best offer now for buyer?

Tks

J.

Auspexian said:
We are very excited about the EV. Will sell our 2012 CRV to Carmax.

We have never leased before, pref to buy.

Beside the 7500 from Fed, 2500 from CA, does Toyota still give 10K like last year?

What is the best offer now for buyer?

Tks

J.
As far as I know, there is no rebate for purchase, only 60 months 0% financing. You are far better off with the lease because Toyota gives you $15,400 off the dealer's price before calculating the lease payments. This is effectively the $7,500 federal tax credit plus a $7,900 rebate. You still apply for the CA $2,500 rebate and the program administrator will send you a check. If you are pretty sure you would keep it more than 3 years, then make sure to get the Unlimited Miles Lease. This will increase the payment by $30/month but most of it will go to reducing the residual, leaving you paying only about $80 over 3 years for "insurance" against mileage overage charges at the end.

mkjayakumar said:
Well, I do... but not sure I can ask them any favours though.

In any case, how could they help me..?

You can move to their house for a few days, while you buy your unlimited mileage lease Rav4 EV.

Yes, you'd have to pay California "use-tax" every month that you live in California, and then when you move back to Texas, you should get that taken care of.

Wow, I really wish I found this forum earlier. We leased the car on Tuesday (8/27/13). While we love the car, I can't help but feel bummed about not getting the awesome "UNLIMITED MILEAGE" rates that everyone else here has posted. I normally do a lot of research on a car before purchasing it, but this time, it was a shotgun decision that my fiancee and I made.

Here are my terms:
$0 down, $460 a month, no wear and tear, 12K miles a year, $20K residual... this includes taxes and fees.

At least they gave me rubber mats.

Now how do I make sure that the dealer doesn't keep my California rebate? Does this money actually belongs to us and not the dealer and is this true for ALL leases? I'm hoping she didn't sign anything that rescinded her rights to claim this tax credit. The vehicle's under her name.

latimerluis said:
Now how do I make sure that the dealer doesn't keep my California rebate? Does this money actually belongs to us and not the dealer and is this true for ALL leases? I'm hoping she didn't sign anything that rescinded her rights to claim this tax credit. The vehicle's under her name.

If you leased a new car (and I don't know of many used car leases, but I guess anything is possible), then the California rebate is absolutely yours.

Copy all your documents: registration in the window, sales contract, etc, and follow the instructions here:

$2,500 California state rebate for new cars only. Apply here

latimerluis said:
Wow, I really wish I found this forum earlier. We leased the car on Tuesday (8/27/13). While we love the car, I can't help but feel bummed about not getting the awesome "UNLIMITED MILEAGE" rates that everyone else here has posted. I normally do a lot of research on a car before purchasing it, but this time, it was a shotgun decision that my fiancee and I made.

Here are my terms:
$0 down, $460 a month, no wear and tear, 12K miles a year, $20K residual... this includes taxes and fees.

At least they gave me rubber mats.

I would go back to the dealer and try to re-negotiate. Technically you can exchange the car within 7 days or 300 miles or something. You have 3 days and like 150 miles to return it no questions asked. Or 7 days 300 or so miles to exchange it for something else. I just test drove the Rav4EV today and that's what I saw. Not sure if its different between lease and purchase. I would go back and demand the unlimited mileage given the new promotion otherwise you can "threaten" to exchange it for another vehicle (ie. test drive five vehicles :) The Scion FRS might be a good test drive.

rav4buyer said:
I would go back to the dealer and try to re-negotiate. Technically you can exchange the car within 7 days or 300 miles or something.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d05/vc11709_2.htm

V C Section 11709.2 Notice to Public Contract Cancellation Option
Notice to Public: Contract Cancellation Option

11709.2. Every dealer shall conspicuously display a notice, not less than eight inches high and 10 inches wide, in each sales office and sales cubicle of a dealer's established place of business where written terms of specific sale or lease transactions are discussed with prospective purchasers or lessees, and in each room of a dealer's established place of business where sale and lease contracts are regularly executed, which states the following:

“THERE IS NO COOLING-OFF PERIOD UNLESS YOU OBTAIN A CONTRACT CANCELLATION OPTION

California law does not provide for a "cooling-off" or other cancellation period for vehicle lease or purchase contracts. Therefore, you cannot later cancel such a contract simply because you change your mind, decide the vehicle costs too much, or wish you had acquired a different vehicle. After you sign a motor vehicle purchase or lease contract, it may only be canceled with the agreement of the seller or lessor or for legal cause, such as fraud."

However, California law does require a seller to offer a 2-day contract cancellation option on used vehicles with a purchase price of less than $40,000, subject to certain statutory conditions. This contract cancellation option requirement does not apply to the sale of a recreational vehicle, a motorcycle, or an off-highway motor vehicle subject to identification under California law. See the vehicle contract cancellation option agreement for details.”

Amended Sec. 7, Ch. 128, Stats. 2005. Effective January 1, 2006. Operative July 1, 2006.

Amended Sec. 24, Ch. 567, Stats. 2006. Effective January 1, 2007.

Well, you could still ask ask the dealer if they would rewrite the lease for unlimited miles. After all, it sounds like they didn't offer or at least make that option known to you?

Maybe they would rather keep you as a happy customer, after all 3 years goes by very very fast and for sure you will be back in 3 years and if not happy, you won't be getting another car from them, ever. Does the dealer lose that much more money on the unlimited miles?

Just because they don't HAVE to do it doesn't mean they won't. It might be a courtesy they give their customers for peace of mind when purchasing a Toyota. I was just at the dealer yesterday and that's what I saw. 3 days 100 miles to return no questions asked, or 7 days to exchange.

Thanks, all. I called the dealer to ask to switch it to the unlimited miles option and the sales rep blatantly lied to us stating that they offered it, but We would have remembered.

In any case, I'm on vacation and don't have the lease agreement in front of me., so I can't check if I had 7 days to return the vehicle. I will call them again tomorrow and graciously ask them if I can return the vehicle, and see what kind of reaction I would get.

I'm not sure if playing nice or being firm is better in this situation....

I appreciate your inputs on the matter.

Back