Audio System, RAV4EV vs 2014 4RUNNER

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jscgvnc

So recently I had my RAV4EV in the shop for a month waiting for a part for the heater. They gave me a 2014 4RUNNER as a loaner. I didn't personally like the 4RUNNER, it's too big for my taste(I think they are basing it on the Tundra now instead of on the Tacoma, but that's just a guess).

However, in one area it kicked the RAV4EV's butt. That's the audio/on-screen navigation.

I don't mean the sound quality. I play mostly podcasts and audiobooks through the iPhone and "sound quality" isn't really an issue. Plus I think that people who go on about the sound quality of an audio system mounted in a rolling tin box are crazy. A harmless crazy to be sure, and it's live and let live certainly, but I just don't see what the fuss is about.

Anyway, the part I am talking about is the screen/dials and how you move through the system. The 4RUNNER just killed the RAV4EV for usability. First of all, knobs. It's got knobs, which I now realize are a major advantage. Don't have to look at the screen and step through things. Just turn knobs. So much better.

Second, it actually found all my podcasts and audiobooks and I could really browse through them on the screen. When I do it on the RAV4EV, they get pushed into weird categories, one podcast will be under a different one, audiobooks appear out of order, etc.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

No Experience with others at all, but am very interested in finding out if there are options to replace or modify the units in our Ravs - I agree about all the oddities -

Back