Bay Area dealers willing to negotiate

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a few days delay, I received an offer from Carwoo.com for $38,688 from Hayward Toyota. Unfortunately, by the time I received the offer I had already bought my RAV4EV for a few hundred dollars more at a different dealer.

Hi All-
New to the forum. Just wanted to add that I bought our Silver 2012 RAV4 EV on 3/4 in Los Angeles at Downtown Toyota. I found out about the car that day (due to a EV car twitter post re: the 10K sale), did some research and decided to buy! I called a lot of the dealerships around LA to see who'd negotiate the most. Downtown Toyota took an extra 1K off the MSRP so -11K total. That was good for me as most others wouldn't promise more than $500 off unless I physically went there. We bought it over the phone - and didn't even want to do a test drive! We love it!! No regrets even if it goes down more in price.

Just Purchased RAV4EV for $37,600 after dealer cash(8,800) in Bay Area.

If some one wants similar deal PM me i will be happy to share my dealer name and contact details and he is willing to sell couple more at this price.

CONGRATS! Was that the price you paid OTD (out the door)? What are your impression of the car? What color did you get? Was this forum any help to you in making your decision to buy a RAV4 EV?

Dsinned said:
CONGRATS! Was that the price you paid OTD (out the door)? What are your impression of the car? What color did you get? Was this forum any help to you in making your decision to buy a RAV4 EV?

My round Trip commute :- 82 miles.
Price negotiated :- $37600
Price OTD : - $420xx ( Includes Taxes and Registartion)

I got white color.

Initially i was looking at Nissan Leaf , Due to my range concerns one person suggested me go through this forum. i ahve Read most of the forum posts and thought this is better deal than Nissan Leaf as it gives better range and also i love toyota and i also follow tesla and also i don't have to worry about charging at employer( It will be available in Future with no date).

Thanks
Ravi Menta

ravisekhar said:

If some one wants similar deal PM me i will be happy to share my dealer name and contact details and he is willing to sell couple more at this price.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me as I just got a $38,100 after dealer cash ($10,000) SoCal quote. By my calculations, that means that this SoCal dealer wants to make $1700 more than your dealer ($500 more in quote + $1200 difference in Bonus Cash).

Obviously, it depends on how badly the dealer wants to move them but I think that means that another $1200 off your $37,600 should be possible in SoCal ($36,400) with the dealer making the same margin as your dealer. The price keeps dropping.

Darren said:
ravisekhar said:

That seems like a pretty good deal to me as I just got a $38,100 after dealer cash ($10,000) SoCal quote. By my calculations, that means that this SoCal dealer wants to make $1700 more than your dealer ($500 more in quote + $1200 difference in Bonus Cash).

Obviously, it depends on how badly the dealer wants to move them but I think that means that another $1200 off your $37,600 should be possible in SoCal ($36,400) with the dealer making the same margin as your dealer. The price keeps dropping.

MY dealer's finance guy showed me that they are making a loss of $2940 on this vehicle. The only reason they are selling is they want move them as no one is coming to buy after the initial delivery/purchase of 6 in last oct or nov.

ravisekhar said:
MY dealer's finance guy showed me that they are making a loss of $2940 on this vehicle. The only reason they are selling is they want move them as no one is coming to buy after the initial delivery/purchase of 6 in last oct or nov.

The dealership got a 2% holdback from Toyota... they likely didn't lose any money (or at least not THAT much money).

You were wise to not get the LEAF for an 80 mile commute. That would not have worked at all. With careful driving in the summer, you should be able to do this commute at 80% "normal" charge, and in the winter and as the battery degrades, you will need the 100% "extended" charge in the Rav4.

Welcome aboard.

I test drove a white Rav4 Ev at Toyota of Walnut Creek yesterday.

When I asked if they had any in blue? He said "no...and when all the Rav4 Evs were sold...they wouldn't be getting anymore in".

I kind of got the feeling he meant "ever"! Currently Toyota of Walnut Creek has 7 in stock. 3 white and 4 silver.

I don't think they've sold any so far.... :(

Can anyone tell me who is the dealer that sold Ravisekhar the rav4 ev for $37,600? I have pm him and have not heard from him.

I would like to take advantage of this offer before April 1st.

thanks
RMin

Back