Buy Back Dreams

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

Whoever thought they might buy back the RAV4 EV (because of the recall), that just will NEVER happen.

These cars must remain on the road for 36 months to get the CARB-ZEV credit, which is the SINGULAR purpose of its production.

Interesting thread here

I wonder how many would want Toyota to do a buy back. I was glad to hear that it would just be a SW update. I also don't see any other EVs in the same $ range with the same capabilities that I would rather have.

This would be an interesting survey of current owners.

I wouldn't give mine back for anything less than a Model S. :D There's simply no EV that can be bought at or below the Rav's $50k MSRP with as much range as the Rav.

It was a third party rumor, this thread will likely further the rumor. I did hear they are going to give everyone a check for $500 for the inconvenience of bringing the car in for service.

4EVEREV said:
It was a third party rumor, this thread will likely further the rumor. I did hear they are going to give everyone a check for $500 for the inconvenience of bringing the car in for service.

I thought it was a $500 credit for buying a Mirai? ( Just kidding... really... JUST KIDDING - SERIOUSLY!) :twisted:

Z

All of these rumors are deeply silly. Toyota's just going to do whatever costs as little as possible to ensure that the cars do not stall out on the highway. A buyback is far too expensive, and a credit doesn't help with the issue. This will almost invariably be just a software update, and possibly a replaced speed sensor or the assembly that contains the speed sensor.

4EVEREV said:
I heard they were going to allow people to get credit toward JdeMO installation instead of taking the $500 cheque if they're so inclined. :lol:

eschatfische said:
All of these rumors are deeply silly. Toyota's just going to do whatever costs as little as possible to ensure that the cars do not stall out on the highway. A buyback is far too expensive, and a credit doesn't help with the issue. This will almost invariably be just a software update, and possibly a replaced speed sensor or the assembly that contains the speed sensor.

Yep.

Which is why I broke it off from the originating thread to make it a comedy thread...

I heard I was getting a free H2 car and all the hydrogen I can get in San Diego. Whoops, forgot, the geniuses in Sacramento didn't fund a single one of 68 hydrogen stations in the fourth largest metro area in the state.

3.5 million people without hydrogen; oh the humanity!

Back