Buying a Hybrid; Volt, Plug-In Prius, etc

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I just drove the Volt and Rav4 EV... wow.. i liked both cars to tell the truth.. price range are almost same... as regarding the lease offer... but the RAV4 EV was beyond my expectations.. Now it only comes to how much of insurance do I need to get for a lease? (E've never done a lease before).. my agent said it needs to be higher? I thought I heard somewhere else people saying that the lease already comes with the insurance included, not sure..

danhsu said:
Ok I just drove the Volt and Rav4 EV... wow.. i liked both cars to tell the truth.. price range are almost same... as regarding the lease offer... but the RAV4 EV was beyond my expectations.. Now it only comes to how much of insurance do I need to get for a lease? (E've never done a lease before).. my agent said it needs to be higher? I thought I heard somewhere else people saying that the lease already comes with the insurance included, not sure..

BTW, I sent you a PM this morning. Hope you read it.

As for insurance, they will probably require a deductible of no more than $500 for comprehensive and collision. As for liability coverage, I don't think they care. All they care about is the car being fixed if damaged, not who you hurt in the process. That sounds callous, but it is what it is.

bruin nut said:
danhsu said:

BTW, I sent you a PM this morning. Hope you read it.

As for insurance, they will probably require a deductible of no more than $500 for comprehensive and collision. As for liability coverage, I don't think they care. All they care about is the car being fixed if damaged, not who you hurt in the process. That sounds callous, but it is what it is.

Wow thanks for your time to write me, that was really thoughtful and helpful. Thank you!

May I ask what is the insurance you have? I don't know even the currently insurance I have.. I just know is a great deal for 1k a year.

With State Farm my Volt and RAV insurance are essentially the same. Volt is lease, RAV was purchase.

just saw this..

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ayjsmz ... wanalytics

ok now I am not sure if I should get 1.. :(

Back