Carson Toyota / Dianne Thank You Party

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dianne

Thank you for the kind words!

In one of Tony's posts recently he talked about Toyota only doing 2,600 of these and then we're done with EVs for a little while.
While I love Prius, PlugIns and the like, and these are all cars I have had a passion for over the last decade +, my own EV is a car I am having a love affair with.

I'd like to plan a get-together somewhere in the OC/LA beach areas, and have us @ Carson Toyota say "thank you" and support our mutual spirit and love for this car with a BBQ and some fun stuff. Get it catered, all that... any ideas for a loose venue where chargers would be accessed? We could do it here at the dealership with our 3 chargers but it's kinda boring here. No pretty beach or sights to see....

Any ideas?

If it's catered, I'd just get a nice beach restaurant. I'd recommend a Saturday morning.

You might try cutting a deal with the nearby Toyota Tech Center, 1630 West 186th Street, Gardena, CA 90248

-or-

You might be able to get some support from Tesla in Hawthorne.

Places like:

www.sunsetvistacamping.huntingtonbeachca.gov

Because they have lots of 240 volt / 50 amp (NEMA 14-50) outlets, plus two ChargePoint J1772, and it's right on the beach.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (714) 536-5286

The Huntington Beach location Tony mentioned is good, there is also a park in Seal Beach next to the ocean with Chargepoint stations, and Hermosa Beach has a spot with some Chargepoint stations as well. Long Beach has a good beach location with plenty of parking but no EV chargers.

rav4buyer said:
As a NorCal owner I wish I could go, please post some photos.

You can go:

07:00am - 000 miles - San Francisco (start with 100% extended charge)
09:00am - 109 miles - Salinas (minimum 4 hours charging)
03:30pm - 126 miles - San Luis Obispo (minimum 5 hours charging)
11:00pm - 128 miles - Ventura (minimum 5 hours charging - overnight)
Morning - 101 miles - Huntington Beach (minimum 4 hours charging during party)

1.5 days each way. Make an ECO-vacation out of it.

@blastphemy - Me too!

Diane, nice idea!

We could drive the Rav4 EV up. Looks like its about 78 miles one way. If we charged for about 2 hours when we get there we could pull it off maybe.

When are you thinking?

Back