Dealers who will service the RAV4EV not in CA

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I hope Toyota realizes is that by pushing early adopters off, they are also getting word of mouth advice against buying any more Toyotas (when they are asked by their acquaintances about their unusual Toyota EVs.)

Got the "piss off" email a few minutes ago.
Mr. Nicholson,

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry and your interest in the RAV4 EV.

We do not recommend purchasing RAV4 EV for use outside of California as the warranty service on the vehicle can only be provided by an authorized Toyota RAV4 EV dealer in California. Similarly, the Toyota Care program can only be redeemed at an authorized Toyota RAV4 EV dealer in California.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Mick C.
Toyota Customer Experience

There you have it... they will not pay the dealer to do the service.
They don't even give lip service to proper legal'ease with the words "At this time..."

Even though MD is listed as a Reciprocal State for CARB credits... NO RAV4 EV SERVICE FOR YOU!

That is really a bummer... gonna need x2 to x3 times the cash to buy an X. Whenever that comes out.

I have always preferred drive a "sleeper". A nice car.. put not nice enough to merit being asked about or unwarranted attention. A RAV4 without a tail pipe that I can drive to Hershey Park and around town? Seamed like a great idea. Oh well Toyota... ohh well.

springs said:
Similarly, the Toyota Care program can only be redeemed at an authorized Toyota RAV4 EV dealer in California.

I would like to know their justification for excluding out of state owners from the Toyota Care Program. You do not need any special training to rotate the tires.

Kohler Controller said:
springs said:
Similarly, the Toyota Care program can only be redeemed at an authorized Toyota RAV4 EV dealer in California.
I would like to know their justification for excluding out of state owners from the Toyota Care Program. You do not need any special training to rotate the tires.
They're giving you something for free. As far as I'm concerned they can set whatever restrictions they want on Toyota Care. Refusing warranty service out of state is the thing that is just asking for a lawsuit. However, I don't think that Toyota has yet come down hard on that front. I know there are cars that have been fixed under warranty out of state. They just want to spread as much FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) about the warranty as they can so they limit the number that leave the state as much as they can.

If madcow and others want to pool our fund together to sue Toyota then I am up for it. They have been stone walling my motor noise issue for months. Shipping it would be at least $1500 per round trip, might as well blow it on forcing them to do what they are supposed to.

Not to throw fuel on - but there are Toyota dealers in CA who will not sell the EV, and they also will not service the EV. So any argument about taking it to ANY Toyota dealer for service doesn't even work in CA -

Back