Driver side seat moves...

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyyuan

I've noticed my driver side seat moves somewhat during initial acceleration and braking...anyone else seen that?

No matter where I put the seat position, I can not get rid of the little movement of the seat...even if I drive the Rav4 somewhat slow, the movement is still there...is that normal?

thanks.

Bolts seems to be tight on the floor...I was finally able to reproduce the issue at will by shifting my weight left and right with the car sitting still....the seat move slightly and makes a clicking noise...I'll see if they can get it fixed next time it's in for service.

thanks.

The dealer said this movement is normal?
I currently have a Leaf, and a Prius Plugin, and neither of them have this behavior...Nor did any other car I've owned before has this seat movement...

Did a search on Rav4world.com and found some similar posts...with no solutions...

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/61183-seat-rocks-forward-back.html
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/98-4-3-interior/88257-rav4-base-11-backrest-movement-2.html

I based off my search on the 2006 to 2012 Rav 4 as suggested.

It's not the bolt on the ground, it feels more like the seat on the rail that's actually loose...
Any suggestions?

I am in the Mountain View / Palo Alto area, and if any of you are near by, possible to let me test out the seat in your car (and vice versa)?

thanks.

dyyuan said:
I've noticed my driver side seat moves somewhat during initial acceleration and braking...anyone else seen that?

No matter where I put the seat position, I can not get rid of the little movement of the seat...even if I drive the Rav4 somewhat slow, the movement is still there...is that normal?
That doesn't happen in our 2012 Rav4 EV.

I had the same problem and Folsom dealer replaced the driver seat under warranty since the track comes only with a full seat assembly not cheep at more than $1,000 but they seemed to have tightened it too much that its now don't move but squeak most of the time.

My driver's side seat has a tendency not to lock fully in position, which results in an occasional shift into a "clicked" position on acceleration or if I shift in the seat.

Back