Entune Prematurely Says SafetyConnect is Expired

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

I had a new issue with Entune today. The iPhone app and the MyEntune.com web site says that my SafetyConnect is expired, so I cannot access EV Apps. However, my original contract says it doesn't expire until March 2016. SafetyConnect customer service agrees that the original contract is still in force until that date. Entune support says they have to escalate my case and someone will call me in one or two days. Entune support also said that they have had several of these cases recently.

Strangely, RavCharge still works. Probably because it doesn't do any checks, it just pushes through the request.

Entune_App_Safety_Connect_Expired.jpg

Had the same problem, although I strangely didn't get that same pop-up - just got it resolved yesterday after a few hours on the phone with Entune customer service over a couple days. :roll:

In my case it affected RavCharge too. Both RavCharge and the Entune app could read the "last shut off" charge and location data but when I tried to send a command (e.g. refresh, start climate, start charge) RavCharge would just time out and Entune would pop up with "no active registration found". When I logged into my Entune it said my SafetyConnect expired on 4/11/13 - 10 days after I bought the car!

Anyway, fixing the expiration thing seemed to fix the sending commands thing - at least for a little while. Just now I tried to do a refresh and it timed out again. Ugh...

This was magically resolved a few days after I called Toyota. Of course, they never called me back to say that it was fixed....

Back