EVSE Lvl-2 Charging Station Questions

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought the Schneider - EVlink 2nd-Generation Indoor Charging Station Model: EV230WS

THis is an indoor unit only. 30 amps. 18ft cord.
Needs to be hardwired, but a good electrician can probably convert it to a plug.

But nice thing is it has a built in timer so you can set it to start charging after midnight or whenever you like.
So you don't ahve to worry about the car's inconsistent schedule/departure timer that many have issues with.

THe timer is set in hourly increments.

I bought mine on ebay for $676. For a while many were being sold but i don't see them anymore.
It is a 30 amp unit. Plenty good, even if the car needs a full charge overnight.
TO me, a 40A versus 30A is not a big diff since overnight, either will charge fully.
My next choice would have been the leviton from home depot for $849 but i did not want the unit to be unplugged off the wall and someone walking away with it...it's almost $1000 after tax.

For the money, i think it;s a great buy.
It is definitely compatible...i have used it for almost a week now.
THe unit is compact, the cord is heavy duty (despite it being an indoor unit)

Also get a custom skin for free to stick to surface if you like..basically a big sticker you design to put on face of unit.

I mount mine indoors and run it outdoors to where my car is parked outside the garage.
I had electrician install who put a breaker. My house is wired for up to 200 amps so this was no biggie.
Hope this helps others.

I had the 1st generation from Home Depot. Picked up on sale for $699 last fall and returned when I built a Chris Howell openEVSE for around $400.

The Schneider unit looked like a nice unit and worked flawlessly with my Prius plug-in. :)

Back