Experience with requesting permission to use workplace elec.

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daenfa

Has anyone had experience with requesting permission to charge electric cars at work or experience at attempting to have a charger installed a t a work place?

Yes, about a year ago, I lobbied my employer to do this, but to no avail. At first, I received a lot of positive feedback. I even did a preliminary assessment of the company's parking lot facilities and gave the Facilities Department some recommendations. In addition, I pointed out the availability of a "free" Chargepoint EV charging station just for the asking, but nothing ever became of it.

Bottom line, if a new employee "benefit" only caters to a few employees, it is not going to receive any genuine management support, UNLESS someone high enough in the upper eschelon also drives an EV to work. Kind of stinks to high heaven how things really work when it comes to spending any of the company's money. :roll:

Btw, "congrats" on the installation of your new solar system! :mrgreen:

I tried to trickle charge from one of the few outlets in my employers garage. They called me and told me I couldn't charge... boo hoo no free electricity for me.

A while back I asked a public airport where I worked to allow me to use their 110 plugs already available or to install specific ones that I coud use and offered to pay a fee (was when I had a Solectria Force). I ran into nothing but resistance and hostility (they kept unplugging my car). Eventually I got our company CEO involved as he drove a prius and he helped get several plugs installed.

Back