Fiat 500e best electric car. Seriously??

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an ex-500e owner, I would have to greatly disagree on that decision.
I was very excited for this car when it came out but that feeling changed rather quickly.

Pros:
Fun to drive
Cheap lease rate (well, not really.... see below)
Stylish (???)

Cons:
Not practical for many uses
  • This car will only seat 2 adults semi-comfortably. They raised the floors on the back seat to make room for the battery so good luck squeezing anyone back there.
Not cheap for many people
  • Good luck finding the 199/month lease rate. Some people were lucky enough to strongarm dealerships into honoring that deal but most dealerships charged much more. I came out with around 320/month on the lease
Unreliable
  • Since Chrysler purchased this vehicle back, I had to sign some paperwork that limits what I am able to say. But lets just say it broke down on me (in a major way) at 250 miles and was in the shop for over 30 days.

Khoa, I feel for you. It's kinda ridiculous that the Mexican factory workers don't know how to properly apply thread locker and torque CV joint bolts. Any other bugs evident in the car? We put up with our share of bugs in the RAV but at least the half-shafts aren't falling off.

miimura said:
Khoa, I feel for you. It's kinda ridiculous that the Mexican factory workers don't know how to properly apply thread locker and torque CV joint bolts. Any other bugs evident in the car? We put up with our share of bugs in the RAV but at least the half-shafts aren't falling off.

Sounds like some people got the full shaft model.

Back