Free charging station form EV Soltutions

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rav4buyer said:
Got my "free" EVSE installed today: http://dmsan.tumblr.com

30A Aerovironment, 15ft cord. I will have to back into my garage to charge as the 15ft is not long enough but that's okay given I have a backup camera, and my mirrors fold at a touch of a button. :cool: I am lucky that my breaker box was conveniently located inches from where my EVSE needed to be.

Cost was $300 for permit fees ($110 from Cupertino, $190 for Electrician to get the permit for me)
I was going to pull the permit myself, but since there was no charge for the unit itself nor the labor for installation, I'll let them deal with the paperwork, load calculations, etc since it can't be applied for online in Cupertino.

After the lease deal and a "free" charger I am a happy camper :D
Your EVSE location is good for a Leaf, but not so great for the RAV. With a little more conduit, you could have taken it around to the left side wall, a perfect place for the RAV, a Focus Electric, or a Model S. Also, if my guess is right and this is an Astoria townhouse, your meter and main panel are beside the garage door. You could have taken the feed from there and had a short run along a side wall. A 15' cord is enough to go across the back of the RAV if you meter is to the right of the garage door, looking from the outside.

knrav4ev said:
Hi Rav4buyer:
Good job :)

I am still waiting for mine.. Ordered (at the time of lease) on 09/09. How long did it take for yours to get installed?

thanks.

I ordered through Dianne on 9/3 targeting the first Tuesday when EV Solutions replenishes their EVSEs. She sent in the paperwork.
I got the confirmation e-mail from EV Solutions the next day on Wednesday saying my application was approved.
On 9/6 I got an e-mail from the electrician to confirm an appointment date and to send them load calculations off my appliances and panel and such.
Their next available day was 9/24.
I also called PG&E to discuss changing to EV-A, and they sent someone out to make sure the surrounding area could handle the load. I also had them double check that my main panel could handle the load. Both of those checked out.

I also order on 9/3/13 ; my appointment is for tomorrow 9/26/13 ... finally! No more charging in public stations to make up for the deficit everyday (Avg. 72 miles/day) !!!

Luckyduckie said:
I also order on 9/3/13 ; my appointment is for tomorrow 9/26/13 ... finally! No more charging in public stations to make up for the deficit everyday (Avg. 72 miles/day) !!!

I had been trickle charging for 40 hours and rotating between my old gas guzzler and the Rav. Glad to be running the Rav full time now.

Way down to 121 today.
I've dented that volume plenty! But, they should be out pretty quick.

The local contractor will ask you for wattage of your larger home appliances, a picture of the sub and main panel, and some questions regarding the location of your EVSE. The biggest question is whether or not your main panel can handle the extra load. If not, it could require an expensive upgrade.

Back