FWD only...........well darn

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buickanddeere

When looking through the specs I just made a disheartening discovery. Apparently the Toyota Rav4 EV is only front wheel drive ?

buickanddeere said:
When looking through the specs I just made a disheartening discovery. Apparently the Toyota Rav4 EV is only front wheel drive ?

let's talk about ICE AWD as well.
most of them are FWD biased. meaning you're doing FWD 90% of the time ONLY when you need it, then the AWD kicks in.
You can go for a Subaru with the symmetrical AWD

if you ask me, i choose a full time 4WD any given day.
a Toyota Land Cruiser, 4Runner, FJ cruiser, Lexus GX 460, LX 570 etc.
everything else is just… not good enough.

so where do you drive and what are your needs?

Snow belt on the east coast of Lake Huron. Not unusual to be pushing snow with the front bumper on the way home from work or heading into town. Occasional drifts up to the hood to drive through. Horse trailer to haul in muddy soft fair grounds.

buickanddeere said:
Snow belt on the east coast of Lake Huron. Not unusual to be pushing snow with the front bumper on the way home from work or heading into town. Occasional drifts up to the hood to drive through. Horse trailer to haul in muddy soft fair grounds.
Toyota only sells this EV in California and does not want to service it out of state. That is the more serious problem. In any case, this car is not a good match for your requirements. Maybe wait for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV if you want something that can run on electricity most of the time. That would be a much better match for you.

Back