Google now owns several Rav4EVs

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3ckf

There are several of us Rav4EV owners at Google (I know of 3 in Mountain View) but now the company is *also* an owner.

There's a program on campus to allow employees who take alternative transportation (usually the employee shuttles) to work to "borrow" a car during the day for errands or offsite business meetings, and the company has a small fleet of mostly electric and hybrid vehicles for them to use.

They announced today that they had added 5 Rav4EV's to the fleet. I havent seen one of the Google owned ones yet, but i'm guessing they picked them up from local dealers. We also have a fair # of Volts and Leafs on the lot for this program, and at one time had a pair of Ford Focus Electric vehicles as well. I think there are some Mitusbishi's as well.

So if you see one zipping around Mountain View, it might *not* be mine, it might be a Google one. :)

(And before you ask, all of these cars require humans to drive them. They don't let employees use the "self-driving" cars for errands, as cool as that WOULD be!)

Back