Grey interior cloth seats with random discoloration spots.

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpboy99

Hi forum, I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue. I have a 2013 Rav4 EV and the grey cloth interior seats are showing random brown discoloration. Its showing up on seats that rarely get used so I know it's not sometimes dirty pants. Found another complaint on 2012 Rav4 ICE but surprised no one else has had this issue.

Thanks in advance,
David

I noticed a few on the passenger seat and thought it was the kids. Then I started noticing them on my seat, so I'm glad(?) to hear that others are getting them randomly as well. I have no idea what they are or why they appear.

Could it be from the seat heaters? Obviously the back seats do not have heaters, so if you are seeing spots there this is not the appropriate hypothesis.
Manny

This must be a defect in the seats. I keep my car interiors in perfect condition, but all of my seats in the rav have slowly developed this brown/coffee color staining. It's on the bottom portion as well as the backrest. This is sort of a disappointing 'development' :?

Just finished using the bissel machine on the seats and they look new again. So far, so good. But I'm thinking it's going to re-appear. Time will tell.

Anyone else see the discoloration start coming back after cleaning? Just curious if this will be an ongoing thing.

Shoreline Blue EV said:
This must be a defect in the seats. I keep my car interiors in perfect condition, but all of my seats in the rav have slowly developed this brown/coffee color staining. It's on the bottom portion as well as the backrest. This is sort of a disappointing 'development' :?

Just finished using the bissel machine on the seats and they look new again. So far, so good. But I'm thinking it's going to re-appear. Time will tell.

Anyone else see the discoloration start coming back after cleaning? Just curious if this will be an ongoing thing.

A month ago I had the car detailed inside and out. Most of the spots disappeared or at least became light enough that they were barely noticeable. I've noticed them reappearing. :x Sadly I've given up trying to figure them out.

Shoreline Blue EV, curious which bissell machine did you use? Did you apply any carpet cleaning foam stuff?

I have them as well..... On my passenger side and I normally drive solo.

I think we should all take pics and document here.

Cpboy99, I used the 'smart mix' solution mixed with warm water. Still looking great! (delayed response.....just found that the forum was back up, haven't been on here for awhile)

Maybe they can recall the seats as part of the main recall campaign ;) :cry:

I've noticed this only on the seat bottom on the front passenger's seat. I've used some Chemical Guys Fabric Clean and an upholstery brush which got it out pretty quickly. Haven't noticed it reappear yet but I treated it fairly recently. Didn't think to take pictures at the time.

Back