Hitch solution to carry plywood

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderbike37

Hi,

I'm looking at installing a hitch for general load hauling (Bikes, coolers, camping, etc). I'd also like to have the ability to carry 4*8 sheets of plywood. Does anyone have ideas for a hitch mounted carrier that can do that, or have other ideas?

Thanks!

Roof rack for plywood? Would seem not a great idea to put that surface area on a hitch. Massive drag.

There was a recent thread about hitch installation.

The hitch seems better for carrying most things like Bikes due to aerodynamics. I'd prefer to only purchase one cargo solution, not both a hitch and a rack.

riderbike37 said:
Hi,

I'm looking at installing a hitch for general load hauling (Bikes, coolers, camping, etc). I'd also like to have the ability to carry 4*8 sheets of plywood. Does anyone have ideas for a hitch mounted carrier that can do that, or have other ideas?

Thanks!

There are hitch mounted cargo carriers out there however, I wouldn't suggest putting plywood in it. If you exceed the weight limit you could bend your chassis.

However, if you are still looking for a hitch, I got my hitch from Hitchweb. They also sell cargo carriers if you are still wanting to pursue the idea of hauling plywood :) Here is the link to their website: http://www.hitchweb.com/category/TOYO-RA-TH/Toyota-RAV4-Trailer-Hitches

Back