I was stunned!!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy

I went Stanford Shopping Center this afternoon.

As this is the Monday before Xmas the parking lot was almost grid locked with cars milling about. I headed for my usual reserved parking place the ChargePoint EVSE.

There are only two positions and when I got there, there was a guard standing in the parking spot --- how nice I thought keeping it de-ICE'ed.

Tried to pull-in and was waved off ... it seems some handicapped lady had run out of power and "they were pushing her car to be recharged, OK.

I found a parking place and on my way out of the parking lot I went past the charge point. I was stunned the car that ran out of charge was a Chevy VOLT!!!!!!

Ran out of electrons AND GAS????

I think I'm glad I was not there when the car rolled in.

=D~~ Brandy

reeler said:
Is it even possible to drive a Volt with only electrons and an empty gas tank?
I had to google it...

From http://gm-volt.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-15267.html:

The Volt will run. However, if it believes it has no gas at all, it will set PPR (propulsion power reduced) and an 'engine not available, add fuel' message immediately on start up. The message you can just clear. PPR, however, gives you a much slower gas pedal and limits power output (I think to 55kW.)

The VOLT is a great car, but even with all its virtues, it cannot compensate for the apparent stupidity of some of its drivers.

Dsinned said:
The VOLT is a great car, but even with all its virtues, it cannot compensate for the apparent stupidity of some of its drivers.

Yea, well I know nothing of the details but it could also be a case of operator training, often the best trainer is having something bad happen and you learn not to do 'that' again. Since this was just before Xmas the car may have been a family loaner ... or ..., somebody oops at the beginning of that shopping trip.

=D~~ Brandy

Back