Irvine Rav4 EV Mini Meet 09-14-2013

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dark

Hi Folks,

We will be having a mini meet on 09-14-2013. Everyone is welcome to join, we plan to install a folding mirror module in the morning, and talk about EV stuff. So if you would like to get the folding mirror module done. Please get the parts ready. http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=455

Date: 09-14-2013
Time: 08:30 am to 11:00 am (latest)
Place: Parking Lot by Blink charging station, 6500 Irvine Center Dr., Irvine, CA 92618

Please reply to sign up

Participles:
Dark
Mnml
Duggie

Oh now I'm jealous. Why don't we have a meet-up here in Hawaii? You guys/gals can all fly here and we can all stand around my car and do upgrades on it!

sobayimage said:
I will attend and I have the mirror folding module ready to install. What tools are needed, wire cutters, wire connectors etc.?

I should have enough parts for your install as well.

sobayimage said:
I will attend and I have the mirror folding module ready to install. What tools are needed, wire cutters, wire connectors etc.?

I will bring all the tools, follow the materials from the DIY, if you don't have it PM me your email and I will send it to you right away.

BTW, I specs T-connectors from the DIY is easy when you want to unplug it. However, I recommend using the quick splice connector for quicker and cleaner installation.

http://www.amazon.com/Solderless-Wire-Quick-Splice-Connector/dp/B0041PF5QY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378434446&sr=8-2&keywords=3m+wire+tap+22-18

dark said:
sobayimage said:

I will bring all the tools, follow the materials from the DIY, if you don't have it PM me your email and I will send it to you right away.

BTW, I specs T-connectors from the DIY is easy when you want to unplug it. However, I recommend using the quick splice connector for quicker and cleaner installation.

http://www.amazon.com/Solderless-Wire-Quick-Splice-Connector/dp/B0041PF5QY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378434446&sr=8-2&keywords=3m+wire+tap+22-18

I will have these available as well as the T-Connectors.

I would love to be there and really want to do this mod. No way I can get that module from China in time.

Any way to get this domestically?

See if you can wait for the next group to get the Performance model.
Warning: it will spoil you.

TonyWilliams said:
It looks like I have a Tesla Model S test drive at 10am in La Jolla. Darn :cry:

You can schedule a Tesla test drive anytime, Rav4 EV mini meet doesn't happen anytime.

I will see you guys tomorrow morning with my dirty Rav4 EV, not time to wash my baby.

The mini-meet in Orange County was great. The most RAV4 Evs in one sighting ever. I came away with three valuable bits of info. The first concerned the cruise control. It doesn’t work if the drive is in “B” position. The second was that the Blink charging stations normally will continue billing your account until you unplug it. This is true for the Leaf and Volt but not for the RAV4 EV. I left my car plugged in until 10:30 and Blink had sent me an email message at 10:01 saying my car I had been disconnected, the point the car had fully charged. The third thing was one of the reasons for the get together which was how to install an auto folding mirror module. I shot a video of the procedure. As soon as I edit it I’ll put it online for all to see. The hardest thing was how to pull off the plastic moldings and which ones need to be removed to access the center console. (A plastic lever tool from Freight Tools was a great help.) After that it’s just threading two signal wires from the A pillar and connecting the right colored wires to the control module.

Back