Low range indicated on dash

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

718bklynboy

Plugged in and charged last night. Received a charge complete email and range indicates 86 miles on the entune charge management app on my iPhone. However, after opening the cars door this morning, dash indicates range low. Haven't powered the car up yet, wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Thomas

718bklynboy said:
Plugged in and charged last night. Received a charge complete email and range indicates 86 miles on the entune charge management app on my iPhone. However, after opening the cars door this morning, dash indicates range low. Haven't powered the car up yet, wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Thomas

How many bars do you have?
If it's full (16 bars total) then you're good.
The guess o meter is meant to be ignored.

Once you start driving, it will recalculate and you'll see 80ish or more.

The Rav is glitchy/buggy. I've had that happen only once while driving around town, starting and stopping. On and off. Upon opening the door the meter showed "LO" :shock:

Powered up the Rav and it was 38 miles :roll:

Nice.. :lol:

I find myself locking the doors and leaving my car on in quick in and out around town driving, less wear and tear (contactor, pumps turning on and off) and no need to wait for the boot up sequence to go to my next stop.

Thanks for the replies. This is the only glitch I experienced so far. However, I realized that on a previous occasion, while offering a demo to a friend, the key fab had become disconnected or unlinked from the car. This prevented me from getting it to boot up and get out of park.

I powered down, touched the key fab to the power button, and she booted up systems all good.

I did the same thing with the low range as it seems the key fab had again become unlinked. The low range went away to indicate 86 miles available.

If these are the only glitches I'll be very happy. Other than this I am extremely pleased with the vehicle. It performs great.

Thanks.

i had an instance where i was driving recently (and on the latest firmware) and i looked down the saw the indicator go from "85" to "LO" (the bars did not change). THis was while the car was on and i was actually driving. in about 10 seconds, it flipped back to 85 .
Im going to guess this is just a glitch becuase its worked reliably otherwise.

Back