Mitsubishi PREV Intro

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmanny3

Here is the email that I got from the UK. I wanted to get this car last year but it was put off for lack of batteries and brisk sales in Europe and Japan. I think it is a winner in that it has both battery and ICE, 4 wheel drive, and is a SUV. I really like my RAV4EV but really wanted this vehicle. I like how the UK folks present new vehicles--via workshops. None of the pictures would transfer here. I wish it was easier to post. Here is the link to the online intro: http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/?utm_campaign=Copy+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+Outlander+PHEV+Launch+Event+&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

Outlander PHEV Launch Event Weekend

At your local Mitsubishi Dealership on Saturday 7th or Sunday 8th June

Outlander PHEV Making History

The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is making history. It's the world's first 4WD Plug-in Hybrid SUV with an intelligent hybrid engine which uses a fusion of petrol and electricity to achieve a staggering 148 mpg.[1] To celebrate this historic milestone, Mitsubishi dealers across the UK are holding a special Outlander PHEV event over the weekend of 7th and 8th of June. This event will include an opportunity to see the Outlander PHEV in the flesh, to book a test drive and to join in a free workshop, where you can discover more about the Outlander PHEV's clever technology and learn how it could have big benefits for your bank account. Details of the main topics covered by the workshop are given below. If you would like to join in the Outlander PHEV Event please contact your local Mitsubishi dealer.[4]

Find your local dealer Share
Low Emissions for Big Savings

Discover how going green with the Outlander PHEV's ultra-low emissions could mean big savings including reduced Benefit in Kind and exemption from Road Fund Tax.
Outlander PHEV Energy Flow

Free installation for your Charge Point

Find out more about the convenience of the British Gas Charge point and sign up at the dealership to have one installed for free.[2]

PHEV Electric fill

Plug-in Car Grant Explained

Learn how the Plug-in Car Grant is making the future more affordable - without the jargon![3]

PHEV dashboard
Outlander PHEV Smartphone App

Witness a demonstration of the Outlander PHEV smartphone app and learn how you can monitor your car's battery level and control its climate from the comfort of your home.

PHEV App
Would you like to join the Outlander PHEV Launch?

Click on the button below to find your local dealer's contact details.[5]

1. Official EU MPG test figure shown as a guide for comparative purposes and may not reflect real driving results. 2. Free British Gas plug-in vehicle charging package available – ask your dealer for more information. Offer ends 31st March 2015. 3. For more information about the Government Plug-in Car Grant please visit www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants. 4. Outlander PHEV launch weekend at participating dealers only.

Your correct it does have a fast charge capability. I understood that the car would not make it here until late in 2016 but just recently it was announced that it might make it here next year as a 2015 or early 2016. It may not look the greatest, though I understand it will get a mild update which would come our way. It made sense to us, as we would no longer need our backup car (Prius) and could do with just the one car and of course my alter id NSX. It is more than just a plug in. The on board ice also can be used to just charge the battery as you drive. Kind of like the Volt but different. You can use the battery, battery and Ice for propulsion. The battery is not large, I think about 12 kwh. Enough for between 25 and 35 miles EV only. While I am not a big fan of Mitsubishi, I was excited about getting this vehicle. We will have to see what else is available in 2016. I am committed to the Rav4EV until Jan 2017. By then I hope the field will be substantially larger.

Back