MyEV, a third party EV logger and app

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dsinned said:
The video implied the rate of battery degradation would be a factor of "power fade" and "capacity fade" (over time), and perhaps take into account the "driving style" pattern. Of course, the algorithm that determines this in the product probably would be consider "ip", so no further information given is to be expected.

Sadly, that's what I'm afraid it going to be... somebody's guess all clouded into science.

Again, the Tesla BMS already has degradation data, just like the Nissan LEAF does. No algorithm or video needed (or pitch for cash).

I finally got my unit configured for the RAV4-EV. The one hitch is the Tesla gateway doesn't provide power the diag port. Right now to power the device a Y-cable is used and plugged into the 12V outlet that is conveniently nearby. However because the adapter is now always powered it doesn't log charging data (unlike on the LEAF and other vehicles).

Anyone know of a convenient always on 12V line hear the gateway ECU? I'm hoping those of you have gone before me will save me some work.

arnold

arnolddeleon said:
I finally got my unit configured for the RAV4-EV. The one hitch is the Tesla gateway doesn't provide power the diag port. Right now to power the device a Y-cable is used and plugged into the 12V outlet that is conveniently nearby. However because the adapter is now always powered it doesn't log charging data (unlike on the LEAF and other vehicles).

Anyone know of a convenient always on 12V line hear the gateway ECU? I'm hoping those of you have gone before me will save me some work.

arnold

This is the product that they put out as a finished product?

arnolddeleon said:

arnold

I have the same item. Since there is a 12V HOT wire powering the pathetic tailgate light, I thought I would take off the rear passenger side cover, tap into it, and then run it along the inside of the bumper over to the drivers side.

I've been using my myEV logger in my Volt for the past several months. BT connectivity has been the big bug-a-boo with this product and still has not been completely sorted out. Nevertheless, I have logged 700+ miles with it, however, the EBH (estimate battery health) monitor has yet to provide any information. I found out from an "insider" at myKarma that my Volt's HV Battery is still apparently quite healthy based on all the data collected thus far on the myEV host server. I guess, for best accuracy, more EV miles/recharges have to be logged before the app will report any EBH findings.

Dsinned said:
I've been using my myEV logger in my Volt for the past several months. BT connectivity has been the big bug-a-boo with this product and still has not been completely sorted out. Nevertheless, I have logged 700+ miles with it, however, the EBH (estimate battery health) monitor has yet to provide any information. I found out from an "insider" at myKarma that my Volt's HV Battery is still apparently quite healthy based on all the data collected thus far on the myEV host server. I guess, for best accuracy, more EV miles/recharges have to be logged before the app will report any EBH findings.

I too had to go over 700EV miles before the Battery Health meter provided any feedback for the RAV4EV. 99%. Good to know, after 2 years and 48k miles. Not really sure what it checks for or what it uses to come up with that value, but the information really isn't very valuable except over the very long term.

I was told (by this company) that my 2012 VOLT, with ~700 miles logged thus far, is a "super star". The data collected that can be analyzed from the myEV server side, indicated my projected (preliminary) EBH was 103%! :mrgreen:

Guys, this just smells like snake oil. Let me guess? They can't share how they calculate the data, but you can be assured that's it's "expert" by people that likely haven't spent much time with a RAV4 EV.

How exactly is something 103% healthy?

I was told it takes more miles before the myEV EBH calculation can be expected to be most accuracy.

The owner of myCarma owns a VOLT and probably has a vested interest in launching a successful product (i.e. the myEV Logger). Of course, the EBH algorithm probably contains a certain degree of "guess work", but at least its something more than Toyota (or Tesla) thought to provide RAV4 EV drivers. The myEV logger (via the OBD-II port) gives feedback to cell phone user on SoC at both starting and ending points of all trips driven electrically or on gas. It does a decent job of this in the myEV iPhone and Android apps. It also maintains a database of, and access to all EVs both regionally and throughout NA for each particular model. This allow eMPG comparisons to be made between all similar models to your own, as well as to all other EVs in general. There are currently about 100 EVs currently being tracked in the database. I assume many more will be added after the myEV new product rollout is completed.

TonyWilliams said:
Guys, this just smells like snake oil. Let me guess? They can't share how they calculate the data, but you can be assured that's it's "expert" by people that likely haven't spent much time with a RAV4 EV.

How exactly is something 103% healthy?
I said pretty much the same exact thing on the Leaf forum thread awhile back for this joke of a logger.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=17001&start=20

By the slick ad campaigns, and supposed heavy use "fleet installs" they really sucked people in. :lol:

I think (as well as some others I talk to) that they are possibly a shill corp for the gov tracking the EV's or BIG OIL wanting to gather as much data as possible.

Either way, they are data mining and not giving much back in return....

This topic seems a bit stale, with no real indication of compatibility or satisfaction from users. I've sent off a contact-us message and hope to learn that all is well and that the product is still available to us as new Rav4EV 2nd generation owners. Any updates from the readers here?

Back