Mysterious Charging? (GOM changes miles from 130 to 133)

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starlight

Today, after I fully charged at a Chargepoint station- a warm/sunny day high 80's.

I drove a couple of miles and was at 130 mile range, when I parked my car (not charging). When I went back to my car it was at 133 mile range.

Then I drove to my next destination, and back down to 130 mile range when I parked my car (not charging). When I got back to my car, again it increased to 133 mile range.

That is the first time that I increased range without being connected to an EV charger. This happened twice today!

Has anybody else experienced this unusual phenomenon?

starlight said:
Today, after I fully charged at a Chargepoint station- a warm/sunny day high 80's.

I drove a couple of miles and was at 130 mile range, when I parked my car (not charging). When I went back to my car it was at 133 mile range.

Then I drove to my next destination, and back down to 130 mile range when I parked my car (not charging). When I got back to my car, again it increased to 133 mile range.

That is the first time that I increased range without being connected to an EV charger. This happened twice today!

Has anybody else experienced this unusual phenomenon?
Temp maybe? I'll leave this for Tony and others more experienced to answer...

I have seen more distance per mile (efficiency) while driving on warmer days... in the 80's.

AvLegends said:
Temp maybe? I'll leave this for Tony and others more experienced to answer...

I have seen more distance per mile (efficiency) while driving on warmer days... in the 80's.

The OP is asking about the miles displayed on the "GuessOmeter" (GOM) which I don't really care to expend much mental energy on. It's a far better guide than what is on the LEAF, however, but a guess nonetheless.

Here ya go:

okay you have to tell us how you made it do that...

on my first charge to cut-off, i got 114mi on that thing. (not an extended charge). I'm assuming thats typical.

The EV learns your driving behaviors and guess's the miles you can obtain.....I'm a lead foot and the meter usually shows about 80 miles on a full charge

Back