Navigation Screen Bright at Night

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad11140

So I just got my Rav4 EV yesterday and we love it. I have had toyota vehicles with navigation in the past and when you turn the head lights on the navigation map changes to a darker color scheme. Going through the user manual for navigation I found on page 36 where it details setting day mode for the screen. The kicker here is that when I navigate to that screen there is no option for day mode. All I can adjust is brightness or contrast.

I tried to find information on this and I saw the 1 post in here about complaints, but didnt seem to be the same issue I had.

Is there a defualt setting I need to adjust

Make sure the little dial for adjusting the instrument cluster panel brightness isn't set to maximum. One step below maximum is fine. When its set to maximum, it prevents the RAV4 EV from entering night mode.

commasign,

Thanks for the tip - I was perplexed too. The Nav manual mistakenly says that switching the headlight switch, not the instrument panel brightness one, controls day / night mode on the Map display.

commasign said:
Make sure the little dial for adjusting the instrument cluster panel brightness isn't set to maximum. One step below maximum is fine. When its set to maximum, it prevents the RAV4 EV from entering night mode.

Got it!

Thanks for the info. I couldnt believe that there was noway to fix that.

Back