New Rav4EV-seats covers

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koetsu13

Alright, let the fun begin, we bought our blizzard white Rav4 EV 6 hours ago. First question which I haven't been able to find covered yet: Does anyone know where to get good durable seat covers?

Thanks

I'm one week tomorrow... everybody is asking how I like my electric car... I love it! :)

I'm going to look at the Katzkin leather kit. http://www.katzkin.com/ Maybe when my tax refund comes. ;) I think they are around 1300-1400 installed for the base leather kit. 2100-2200 for the premium/limited kits. I am going to see a local installer sometime next week.

I think someone here on the board has it installed in their Rav.

Certainly far from "the best" but my local Toyota dealer's parts department sells seat covers called, "SEATKEEPER". There are several versions. I purchased a pair of "SK208" for my front seats. There is also a bench seat version for the back seats as well, but I don't recommend that kind unless you leave your rear passenger seats up all the time.

These seat covers appear to be made of durable canvas and offer sufficient seat protection. IMHO, for what you get, these seat covers are waaaay overpriced at close to $50 each, but they certainly do the job. They are strapped in place over the passenger seats with D style attachments and velcro holders around the front, sides and back of the seat, and also include a cover up top for your headrest. Mine are in the color grey and blend in fairly well with my car's interior.

Also of importance, when I use my car's built-in seat heaters, heat still adequately transmits through the seat covers although probably not as quickly.

i can vouch for katzkin...we had it put into our prius that we just trade in for the rav4ev.

the leather was nice! looked really really good when done professionally.
soft, buttery,totally worth it for the money...i think we paid about $1000....dealer cost just about per dealer but who knows
my wife thinking about putting this in for the rav4ev...i said lets just use up these new seats first, then put it in.

not 100% sure but i think they just slip the new leather over your existing seat.

Back