News on Toyota Rav4 EV

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Toyota Says RAV4 EV Will Be Built Alongside Normal RAV4s in Canada.
Last month, Toyota confirmed that its electric RAV4 EV was on track to go on sale in 2012. It reconfirmed that timetable today with the announcement that the electric SUV will be built alongside its gas-powered counterpart at Toyota’s Woodstock, Ontario, plant. Electric carmaker Tesla will supply the soft-roader’s motor, gearbox, battery, and electronics, which will be shipped as assembled units from Tesla’s Palo Alto, California, facility. It may only be a humble crossover, but we’re intrigued to see how this fruit of the Toyota/Tesla tie-up turns out.

The Toyota Tesla partnership is pure GOLD for all of us RAV4 EV owners. I can't think of a better combination to essentially have the very best of all worlds!

The RAV4 EV is a TOYOTA and therefore of Japanese origin. However, because of TOYOTA's relationship with TESLA, the car has significant content made in America. The battery, AC induction motor and electrics are made by Tesla Motors in Fremont, CA. Toyota collabored on the design to greatly improve the Cd with AMERICAN Engineers working in Michigan and Southern CA. And the RAV4 EV assembly line is in Ontario Canada. The car is extremely energy efficient and has ZERO EMISSIONS, and qualifies for the coveted HOV sticker, plus $10,000 of the taxpayers' money back to each owner.

It just don't get much better than THIS!!!

As a regular reader of this forum, and perhaps a future Rav4EV owner (once my LEAF lease expires in the fall of 2014), I thought everyone would get a good laugh about a local Toyota dealer in Madison, Wisconsin that claims they will be selling the Rav4EV:

"The longtime Toyota and Scion dealer at 5901 Odana Road is the Midwest’s largest hybrid dealer. It sells vehicles including the plug-in Prius and, eventually, an all-electric RAV4 that’s being tested now in California."

Here is the link of the "news" story:
http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/smart-motors-provides-two-free-charging-stations-for-hybrid-electric/article_0bc17e33-7286-5106-9d3d-222016a2aede.html

I guess no one bothered to do any fact checking before this went to print.

Back