PG&E Asking Approval To Operate Public Charging Stations

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braxus

Got an e-mail from ChargePoint saying that PG&E submitted an application to the CPUC to start operating their own public charging station equipment.

Anyone know where I can find this application and what PG&E is asking the CPUC to do? My Google-Fu appears to be failing me.

Unfortunately, Chargepoint's message is vague and doesn't provide much info.

Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) has filed an application with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to own and operate new electric vehicle (EV) charging station equipment in your neighborhood. This extension of PG&E's monopoly will destroy the current competitive charging station market and stall the innovation of new features and technologies.

The info is on PG&E's website. They want to install 25,000 EVSEs in their territory. I think Chargepoint is worried about competition.

n3ckf said:
Gee can we get them to install some of those with ChaDemo connectors????

The California Energy Commission is getting ready to issue their next solicitation for more DCFCs (CHAdeMO plus SAE) in CA. Best option is to ask / tell the CEC to dish out $$ for A LOT MORE of those. The window will close in about a month AFAIK. Everybody please sign and circulate the petition:
https://www.change.org/p/california-energy-commission-install-a-network-of-dc-fast-chargers-to-enable-long-distance-ev-travel-in-california-this-year

Back