Range Loss

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspearman

This is anecdotal, not based scientific measurements, but we've noticed a big loss of range on the GOM in the past three weeks. We're down from around 104 miles on an 80% charge to about 88, same AC Eco Lo setting, same driving patterns. We have been cooler than July and June, so it's not extra AC use. This is worrisome, as it's the same symptom we noticed with the Leaf when it started its decline, but 3k miles sooner.

We've never once charged it to 100%, and I've trickle charged all summer to keep the TMS engaged for roughly half the day while not driving. I'll keep this thread updated if it goes up or down. I'm hoping for a bit of correction when cooler weather prevails in October.

Charge to 80% or 100%, update (reset/clear) the economy meter on the navigation screen, drive to turtle, note the miles driven and economy (miles/kWh).

Then, if you have a Blink or other way to measure kWh's pumped into your car, charge up to 100% and note the kWh's.

Autonomy: miles
Economy: miles/kWh
Recharge: kWh

Autonomy / Economy = useable kWh

Back