Rav4EV navi - how to get Nav to announce city name?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dipper

There is no hard "map" button like on the other Toyota nav that does this. So how does one go about to get the Nav to announce the city you are in?

Any idea?

On my other/older Toyota cars, I could tap the arrow indicator in the corner of the display. The first tap would center on the car, and the second one would display location - it wouldn't say it out loud, but perhaps you could try it on the RAV?

Mine does display the city name when you tap the screen. I don't remember if you have to tap it once or twice. No voice announcement of the city though.

tgreene said:
Mine does display the city name when you tap the screen. I don't remember if you have to tap it once or twice. No voice announcement of the city though.

I get the city in words when only tapping the surrounding area. And this only works when the map is zoomed in close enough. But then you need to tap the arrow indicator to center your current location.

dipper said:
I get the city in words when only tapping the surrounding area. And this only works when the map is zoomed in close enough. But then you need to tap the arrow indicator to center your current location.

I think that is how mine works too. Thanks for jogging my memory with the details.

Back