Receiving text messages

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjanousek

All four members of our family have our iPhones "bluetoothed" to our RAV4 EV, but only one of us successfully receives text messages to the car screen. The other three - no luck, even when they are "bluetoothed" to the car. Any ideas on why this may be happening and what we can do about it?

Shockrod

bjanousek said:
All four members of our family have our iPhones "bluetoothed" to our RAV4 EV, but only one of us successfully receives text messages to the car screen. The other three - no luck, even when they are "bluetoothed" to the car. Any ideas on why this may be happening and what we can do about it?

Shockrod
I only have a single iPhone paired to the car, so I don't have these issues. However, I've heard of others with similar problems related to the integrated Pandora, etc. Out of curiosity, does it always work with the first phone paired, last one paired, or a random one, or when only one of the phones is present?

I can't even get text messages to the screen at all and I only have one phone paired to my car. how did you get this to work? I thought iOS doesn't support the Bluetooth MAP message profile that Entunes uses for text passthrough? Also, for those of you that have it working, does it pass iMessage text messages to the screen as well?

Never mind.

http://a230.g.akamai.net/7/230/2320/v001/toyota.download.akamai.com/2320/toyota/media/acs/entune/what-is-entune/pdfs/Phone_Compatibility_List_Display_Audio2.PDF

This PDF from the forum thread below:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior-2013-model/104681-iphone-5-entune.html

Check for compatibility with your phone. Specifically in my case, the iPhone 5 ON VERIZON does not work with the text/messaging feature. I knew I should have went with AT&T or T-Mobile!

I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T and have no problem receiving. I can't reply though as I've heard Apple doesn't support that feature at this time.

Only one service will pair to the car at a time. You have two services, phone, and Audio device.

Phone will receive phone calls, dial out from, and MAP protocol.

Audio will be the bluetooth streaming.

You can have one device connected to Phone and a different device connected to Portable Audio.

Whoevers phone gets the text messages, do a hands free call and I bet that is the phone that is paired and connected to phone.

Back