Remote Climate Control

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khoa

I like this feature since I live in Orange County and a lot of the times I am forced to park my car in the sun. However I find that it takes a LONG time to activate (~1 minute or more). Is this the care with everyone else or does it happen quicker for some of you? My "screen off" on my phone is set to 30 secs so I constantly have to touch my screen as it is activating otherwise the phone screen turns off and the remote climate is cancelled.
Also, is there a way to specify what temperature you want the car to get to, or is that just whatever you have specified in the car last?

The most annoying thing for me about this feature is that it turns off the moment you open the door. Dumb!

For me the most annoying is that I can't turn it on remotely if the battery level is 50% or less...geeshhh..let ME worry about that, esp if I can also tell via the app how much juice I have left!

Chevrolet did this properly in the Volt, as well. Now if only I could get the Rav4 EV's reverse camera in my Volt and the Volt's remote climate preconditioning in the Rav4 EV!

Back