Screen Overlay for Reverse Camera

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khaihon

It is really annoying that the reverse camera is not centered and does not have the guidelines found in other systems. Do any of the other Toyotas with a reverse-cam have it? I know the Hondas and the Leaf does. I don't know if Toyota will update this via software, but in the meantime, is anyone interested in a poorman's reverse guide for the RAV4EV screen? Basically, a clear sheet of plastic with some marks on it. that you can just throw over your screen held by a piece of tape when you back up, or perhaps even cut to fit snuggly over the screen. I'm not entirely used to reversing with this vehicle just yet and my parking spot is in a narrow driveway that I have to back into. Anyone have any insight or things they would like to see? Perhaps I can try to make one based on feedback from this forum. I'm thinking of creating something that anyone who wants to use can just print on transparent film with cutout lines. If it is good, maybe Toyota will integrate what we make into to their system software.

Our 2012 Prius has a reverse cam and also does NOT have the lines. It also has the same annoying pop-ups when cell phone first attaches and transfers the phonebook.

The 2012 Volt has these dynamic reverse lines, but the 2013 Volt doesn't.

Every Infiniti has these lines too. Some, like the FX and JX, go a step further and have top-down Around-View Monitor (which has been a blessing in many parking situations).

Too bad the Rav4 EV seems to be an advanced car with regressive splashes of 2004 technology. It doesn't even have a proper tire pressure monitor screen that shows the PSI for each individual tire.

Back