SFO Parking

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burningmay

Folks

I am taking my first trip that will take me past the driving range (round trip) on the RAV EV.....to SFO from where I fly out for a couple of days next month.

I checked the plug share app and the SFO website. It lists several EV parking spots with level 1 and level 2 chargers. I am hoping I will find at least one charger. I can use either, correct?

Has anyone parked there recently. I'd interested to hear your experience. On another blog I read folks just park their volts and other plug in hybrids but dont plug them in depriving the pure EVs of ability to charge.

Should I carry my stock charging cable...just in case.

ParkSFO is an independent long term parking operator. They have L2 charging stations managed by the valets. Just valet park your car for $19/day and they will make sure the car is fully charged by the time you return. http://www.parksfo.com

I've also used ParkSFO. Don't forget to sign get a coupon from their website. Use the indoor valet parking

Skypark is also listed on Plugshare. I haven't used them before.

From the comments on Plugshare, the official SFO parking doesn't appear to be set up well for travelers. You either get a spot to park or you don't. No way to know ahead of time. Might need your own EVSE-the 120v. OEM one would work fine.

I just think for charging in public high traffic areas - Malls, airports, hospitals and downtown areas, the only reliable way to charge is at Valet parking. Wish more places offered it.

I used Park SFO at the end of July 2015, using indoor valet parking for a 3 day trip. I was not pleased with them at all.

I asked for indoor valet parking and to have my EV charged, then I handed over the keys and received my claim check. The guy seemed much more concerned with telling me about how I needed to text the phone number on the claim check when I landed on my return to give them at least a 10 minute warning that I would be collecting my car. On my return, I got in my car and was shocked to see that the mileage was the same as when I had dropped it off. They did NOT charge my car. Fortunately for me, I had inadvertently done an extended charge the night before I left (thinking silly me I don't need to because they will charge it up for me) so I had enough juice to make the return trip home.

Also, I had downloaded the recommended coupon for 1 free day out of 3 off their website a couple weeks beforehand, only to be told on checkout that it had expired prior to my return date.

I've used skypark several times. They provide valet service, charge my EV. They offer refreshments when you drop off as well. Just a bit hard to find the first time. Good shuttle service.

If U have a choice of airports, a friend used Expresso Parking in Oakland (OAK). The car was fully charged then moved to another spot . They have coupons online. IIRC they charge more for indoor parking and valet service
but you don't pay extra if you have then charge your EV.

Back