SoCal EV Meet Up Saturday, June 27, 8am - 11am, Santa Ana

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday is the first time Margaret and I joined the breakfast meet up with the group. I want to thank everyone at this Saturday's breakfast meeting for making us feel welcome and provide us with so many great advise and pointers to make our EV ownership so much sweeter. Although we didn't have chance to get to know all wonderful people at the breakfast this time, we definitely look forward to future opportunities to get acquainted with you great fun people.

Big thanks to Jason for inviting us to join this breakfast get together, this is definitely worthy of the drive(This is the longest trip we've taken since we took delivery of our rav4ev and also the first time we put extended charge in the car. I am pleasantly surprised that I still have plenty of battery left after the trip).

TonyWilliams said:
I will have the JdeMO equipped Rav4 EV prototype at breakfast this Saturday in Cerritos.

Sorry I missed this breakfast, but last minute "stuff" preparing for the trip to San Jose slowed me down.

I'm currently in Monterey at the last DC quick charge with JdeMO, before reaching the destination RAV4 EV get-together in Los Gatos.

I'll be the last one there... only one tow truck involved ;-)

I should be at Santa Ana in two weeks.

Here is a picture of the group waiting for Tony, Saturday. :twisted:
an-angry-mob.png

TonyWilliams said:

Wouldn't you know ... I missed this past weekend as I had to work :( , and I will miss the Santa Ana meet as I will have to work again :? . Any chance of your getting to Northridge on the 15th? So far, I don't have to work that weekend. :D

Michael Bornstein said:
TonyWilliams said:

Wouldn't you know ... I missed this past weekend as I had to work :( , and I will miss the Santa Ana meet as I will have to work again :? . Any chance of your getting to Northridge on the 15th? So far, I don't have to work that weekend. :D

I can probably do that... it's easy to get all these places with a 142 mile range car that can recharge fast !!!

EV Meet Ups in Orange County, San Diego County and Los Angeles County:

All meet-ups on Saturday:

Oct 11 - Cerritos (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 11471 South St, Cerritos, 562-402-8307

Oct 18 - Northridge (Los Angeles County), noon to 5pm, Bob's Big Boy, 8876 Corbin Ave, Northridge

Oct 25 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8:30am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

Nov 8, 2014 at the HTB in Cerritos for breakfast.

Nov 22, 2014 at the HTB on 17th St in Santa Ana

Third Saturday monthly - Northridge (Los Angeles County) 12pm - 5pm - Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge, 8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA 91324). SE Corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave.

pchilds said:
Fifth Saturday 11/29/14, Temecula CA, 9 am - Noon, Hometown Buffet, 40390 Margarita Rd Temecula, CA, behind Lowe's. :cool:
Hey, I can actually make that round trip on one charge. Awesome! I'll put it on my calendar and hope to see you there.

There is a CHAdeMO at the Nissan dealer a half mile from the Temecula HTB. Maybe Tony can do a JdeMO demo for us. :D

I drove 242 miles today, 2 hours charging at AQMD and 3 more hours at JasonA's house. Got home with 6 bars left. Could have done it with 1:15 on CHAdeMO. :x

SoCal EV Meet Ups in Orange County, San Diego County, Riverside and Los Angeles County:

Oct 25, 2014 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

Nov 8, 2014 - Cerritos (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 11471 South St, Cerritos, 562-402-8307

Nov 15, 2014 - Northridge (Los Angeles County), 12 noon to 3pm, Bob's Big Boy, 8876 Corbin Ave, Northridge (818) 772-2627 NOTE: may not be active

Nov 22, 2014 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

Nov 29, 2014 - Temecula CA (Riverside County) 9 am - Noon, Hometown Buffet, 40390 Margarita Rd Temecula, CA, behind Lowe's. :cool:

Third Saturday monthly - Northridge (Los Angeles County) 12pm - 3pm - Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge, 8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, (818) 772-2627. Southeast corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave. NOTE: may not be active

It was a really fun little get together yesterday. Thanks, Tony for demoing the JdeMO and explaining all the odds and ends. Really awesome stuff!

Sorry I had to take off before the QC finished, but luckily the family emergency turned out to be a false alarm at the end of the day.

DevinL said:
It was a really fun little get together yesterday. Thanks, Tony for demoing the JdeMO and explaining all the odds and ends. Really awesome stuff!

Sorry I had to take off before the QC finished, but luckily the family emergency turned out to be a false alarm at the end of the day.

Glad you liked it and that everything worked out at home.

TonyWilliams said:
SoCal EV Meet Ups in Orange County, San Diego County, Riverside and Los Angeles County:

Oct 25, 2014 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

Nov 8, 2014 - Cerritos (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 11471 South St, Cerritos, 562-402-8307

Nov 15, 2014 - Northridge (Los Angeles County), 12 noon to 3pm, Bob's Big Boy, 8876 Corbin Ave, Northridge (818) 772-2627 NOTE: may not be active

Nov 22, 2014 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

Nov 29, 2014 - Temecula CA (Riverside County) 9 am - Noon, Hometown Buffet, 40390 Margarita Rd Temecula, CA, behind Lowe's. :cool:

Third Saturday monthly - Northridge (Los Angeles County) 12pm - 3pm - Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge, 8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, (818) 772-2627. Southeast corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave. NOTE: may not be active

Hello Tony,

Still new to the EV group and just wondering... I noticed from your list that all regular meeting are held at Home Town Buffet in different cities. Is Home Town Buffet an EV advocate and sponsoring these meetings for us? Do they offer some kind of special deal/discount for the group to hold our meeting there? I only attended the Cerritos meeting once, but I don't recall getting any discount or seeing any L2 Charger in the parking lot at Cerritos, so just curious if they offer anything special that EV attendees can take advantage of since the group has been having regular meetings at their locations? :)

Back