Stage 10 anyone?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dark

The Stage 10 is a Prius mod but it fits the Rav4 EV, not a perfect but you can't even tell.

I thought this is the coolest mod for the Rav4 EV and a must have mod.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8317976@N05/8909123282/

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I would NOT have chosen that button order though. D and B should be next to each other. I think I would probably swap R and D. Now that I think about it, I think it would be too far down for me to comfortably reach on the RAV. On a Prius it's probably fine because it's much higher on the console.

Ha, this is giving me flashbacks - I actually participated in a market research study about different types of shifters last year and came across one like this. I wasn't too crazy about this, because it seems it'd be pretty annoying to have to look down to find the right button every time you want to switch between drive/reverse (imagine a 3 point turn, or getting out of a tight parking space.) On the other hand, if you like to drive in B mode, as I do, it would be much nicer to be able to get there in one motion instead of having to go to D first. The double motion to Eco mode was one of my biggest annoyances with the Leaf, and now that I have a different EV I'm stuck with the same stupid shifter design!

In my opinion, for any electric car should be a push button operated, the shifter seems dated and been using on the prius for over 10 years.

And, you get used to it quick and I am loving it.

I have this in my Prius and was wondering if it would fit. Manufacturer made no guarantee so I didn't order for the rav.

May need to pick up the fiber one with blue leds...

Love it! Will buy for RAV4 EV and try it -- hope it fits.

But I suspect you'd still have to go into D before going to B...that is a software-defined requirement.

You need to shift out of park into Drive or Reverse. You can then toggle between B or D as you wish. For Neutral, you need to hold down the button for 2 seconds.

I ordered it in Carbon, and got an email that they are releasing is in mat black which will match much better the interior of the Rav4 EV.

So I will be ordering that when Toshi returns from Japan. He also has an office in Fountain Valley, so I will just drive over and pick it up.

I have a Silver with Green lighting Stage 10 shifter available. I paid $258 for it and had it in my Prius for about 6 months.

I already have one in my Rav4 EV.

Willing to Sell $150.

Back