Stickers arrived and took 7 weeks

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kwidjaja said:
  • 3/2: Sent in my sticker application & fee.
  • 4/11: Check cleared
  • 4/18: Stickers arrived in the mail today!

Comforting, I guess, to see that they don't cash the check until just before issuing the HOV stickers. I was about to send in another app/check assuming they'd simply lost my first ones :-(. By your timing, I guess I have a couple more weeks to wait.

Bought on 3/30, plates on 4/16, and today, a nice surprise in the mail: HOV stickers! < 4 weeks, not bad.

edit: put an image in, but it was way too big

boredcleaner said:
Bought on 3/30, plates on 4/16, and today, a nice surprise in the mail: HOV stickers! < 4 weeks, not bad.

How the *bleep* did you manage that? I bought on 3/3, got my license plate number on 3/13, sent the application in 3/14, and just got my stickers today 4/26 as well. Still haven't seen the check clear.

@yblaser: I didn't have to do anything, the dealership handled all of it. From what I've seen in the forum, they did a pretty efficient job.

I sent in the paperwork for both the rebate and stickers on March 14th and received my stickers on April 26th (6 weeks and a day). Still no rebate check...

Gravlock said:
I sent in the paperwork for both the rebate and stickers on March 14th and received my stickers on April 26th (6 weeks and a day). Still no rebate check...

I don't recall the exact dates but I think I sent my rebate form in a week before you and got my check a couple of weeks ago. You might want to give them a call.

Mine arrived on Friday (about 7 weeks since I filed my app + $8 fee). I must admit to this being bitter-sweet. I had yet to resolve my issue with affixing the 3 stickers to my new paint.

I'm going with the "paint protectant film" solution. $15 gets you a 12"x12" sheet of the stuff. Should be trivial to install on the 3 locations specified... and removal will definitely save the paint. The only downside is, of course, the unavoidable fade variation given the opaqueness of the stickers.

I have had my Rav4 EV for a month now and still no plates. How long does it take for DMV to get plates issued? I can't apply for HOV stickers until I get a license plate #... right?

No big deal really as there are no HOV lanes here in the Ventura area anyway. :)

AvLegends said:
I have had my Rav4 EV for a month now and still no plates. How long does it take for DMV to get plates issued? I can't apply for HOV stickers until I get a license plate #... right?

No big deal really as there are no HOV lanes here in the Ventura area anyway. :)

One drive to Smell-A will put a big smile on your face!!!

Stickers took about 10 days from mailing out the form to receiving the stickers. That was faster than my PiPa.

AvLegends said:
You can contact either your dealer or the DMV directly and ask what you license plate number will be. That way you can get your HOV application in the mail ASAP. I got my Rav on 4/1 and just got the plates mid last week, but I got the number from my dealer about a week earlier. When the plates came they actually came from the dealer and not the DMV directly, so it could be that your dealer is sitting on them.

fooljoe said:
AvLegends said:
You can contact either your dealer or the DMV directly and ask what you license plate number will be. That way you can get your HOV application in the mail ASAP. I got my Rav on 4/1 and just got the plates mid last week, but I got the number from my dealer about a week earlier. When the plates came they actually came from the dealer and not the DMV directly, so it could be that your dealer is sitting on them.
Thanks! I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow! Wouldn't be surprised if they have them. My Prius came from a neighboring dealer and the plates came right away from the dealer directly.

It looks like it currently takes less than 2 weeks for the CA DMV process stickers. I got my stickers as 2 weeks from the date that I mailed in my application.

I mailed in my application once I was certain that the DMV had my car in their system. I was able to determine that by using the DMV online registration reminder system. I would try to add the car to my reminders and once it succeeded I knew they had the records (a few days later the registration arrived). I knew what the plate number was because my dealer was savvy enough to know how to transfer my personalized plates (and obviously I knew the VIN).

I picked up the car exactly a month ago and now I have stickers for it. I probably could have shaved a week from the process if I was a little more aggressive about sending in the application for the stickers w/o confirming my registration.

arnold

DMV just cashed my $8.00 check last week... finally should see the stickers pretty soon. Still no plates though... 3 months now! :roll:

AvLegends said:
DMV just cashed my $8.00 check last week... finally should see the stickers pretty soon. Still no plates though... 3 months now! :roll:

Ironically, i did the above (get the license # from the dealer, mail in the application) and the DMV returned my check uncashed becuase "the vehicle wasnt registered in my name yet".). THis came back to me 5 days *after* i got my plates in the mail. Go figure.

I think it was a race condition, i'm going to mail another app now that its been a week since this happened.

The trick I used to determine if the CA DMV had the car registered was to create in identity if the "Identity Management Portal". That portal allows you to set registration reminders (you need the plate # and the VIN). Until the car was registered it would not allow me to add the reminder. This avoids the race condition. A couple of years ago they seem to do more manual processing and correcting. I was able to get the stickers for our LEAF is similar (possibly less) time. I sent in the sticker applications using the original plate # but before the stickers were issued I also applied to transfer some personalized plates. When I got the stickers correctly referenced the new plates not the original plate number that I put it in the application. It was clear they simply used the VIN to match everything.

arnold

I received my stickers last week, 4 weeks after purchase. Took 10 days to get the plates and about 20 days to get the carpool sticker after that. I believe one of the factors is how fast the dealer processes your paperwork.

Back