Stickers arrived and took 7 weeks

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
n3ckf said:
AvLegends said:
DMV just cashed my $8.00 check last week... finally should see the stickers pretty soon. Still no plates though... 3 months now! :roll:

Ironically, i did the above (get the license # from the dealer, mail in the application) and the DMV returned my check uncashed becuase "the vehicle wasnt registered in my name yet".). THis came back to me 5 days *after* i got my plates in the mail. Go figure.

I think it was a race condition, i'm going to mail another app now that its been a week since this happened.
Yeah... I received the check and application back around the first of June with mismatching addresses. The dealership only processed my physical address (at the airport where no mail is delivered) and the PO Box wasn't listed (with DMV). Had to fill out a change of address and send everything back and now things are rolling along with my check finally cashed. When I called them they said my plates "should be arriving soon"! Oh well... CA DMV... over worked and under paid! Hope no one here is a DMV worker but... ok... I'll stop now before I get my self in trouble! :roll:

I just received my White stickers for my 2nd Rav4 EV. This was 21 days from purchasing the vehicle until receiving the stickers. Amazingly fast!! The dealership made getting the plates really fast, which was great because you can't apply for the stickers until you have plates. It was 12 days from the day I mailed the sticker form until the day I received the stickers back in the mail. Sweet!

Seems like they are backed up again. I called today and they said they are currently processing letters from Sept 12.

it's been a month since i sent in the application.
DMV cashed in my check 2 days ago, so i guess it's going to be a few more weeks.

Can you guys please post some pictures on WHERE you place the stickers.
The 2 big ones on both sides are easy to figure out.
However the 3rd, smaller one..hmmm
i'm having a hard time finding a spot on the back.

The bumper is too low for a sticker.
the barn yard door has a "hump" on it.

My first choice was directly below the RAV4 emblem.

Anyone else placed the small sticker on the front? ( driver side)
My neighbor who has a Tesla S placed his small white sticker on the driver's FRONT side

mark_rivers19 said:
it's been a month since i sent in the application.
DMV cashed in my check 2 days ago, so i guess it's going to be a few more weeks.

Can you guys please post some pictures on WHERE you place the stickers.
You should get the stickers within days of your check clearing your bank.

See this thread for discussion and pictures of sticker placement.

We are now ordering both green and white HOV stickers for everything on the lot that qualifies.
Both EV and PHEV. I will have them all here at the dealership when you buy your car, and once it's funded thru TFS (or your own bank depending on terms) I will be able to hand them to you or fedex them.

How's that for service! I know that for some of us, that's just a big giant hunk o' steel wrapped around a precious HOV sticker!!! ;)

Dianne

Dianne said:
We are now ordering both green and white HOV stickers for everything on the lot that qualifies.
Both EV and PHEV. I will have them all here at the dealership when you buy your car, and once it's funded thru TFS (or your own bank depending on terms) I will be able to hand them to you or fedex them.

How's that for service! I know that for some of us, that's just a big giant hunk o' steel wrapped around a precious HOV sticker!!! ;)

Dianne

For those us who leased recently, can we swing by and pick up the stickers?

mark_rivers19 said:
Got the stickers today Oct 7.
Check was cashed in Oct 1
So from application to getting the stickers 7-8 weeks.

Wow.... I sent my application on Aug. 30 and thought they might of lost it in the mail. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks before I send another application.

I sent mine in last week of August, got it first week of October. When I saw my check cashed, it arrived within two days. Also I noticed they do them in batches. I sent the one for my Leaf in 4 days later than the RAV, I got them basically the same day.

If it may help others:

Sent in Oct 1st.
Confirmed over phone that it was processed: Oct 11th.
Received the stickers in mail: Oct 16th.

two things I did differently:
1. USPS money order for $8.00
2. Priority Mail

As of today, the money order is not cashed yet.. So, looks like if one sends in a personal check, the application goes back into another queue until the check is cashed... If it is a money order, the appln. gets processed on the same day they open the mail..

knrav4ev said:
If it may help others:

Sent in Oct 1st.
Confirmed over phone that it was processed: Oct 11th.
Received the stickers in mail: Oct 16th.

two things I did differently:
1. USPS money order for $8.00
2. Priority Mail

As of today, the money order is not cashed yet.. So, looks like if one sends in a personal check, the application goes back into another queue until the check is cashed... If it is a money order, the appln. gets processed on the same day they open the mail..

Nice move... which I had known that before, still waiting after about 4 weeks

I sent mine by USPS priority mail on 9/28 sat with a personal check.
Check was cashed yesterday 10/16
Surprise, the stickers where in the mail today :p

rav4buyer said:
I spoke too soon! I sent mine in around the same time and got my stickers today :)
Seems like the turnaround time is a lot faster now.

I just dropped my apps for both EV's in the mail this evening, so they won't leave the post office until tomorrow. I'll be testing your theory :)

rav4buyer said:
I spoke too soon! I sent mine in around the same time and got my stickers today :)
Seems like the turnaround time is a lot faster now.

http://www.rav4ev.tumblr.com

I have the stickers on the same place you have yours. :D
I used the lines on the quarter panels/ barnyard door as a guide.
I was hesitant at first especially with the Small white sticker,
technically WE put in on the rear door and not the bumper. :mrgreen:

I like the fact that the HOV sticker is white. The white matches well with the Blizzard Pearl to where your eye isn't immediately drawn to it. The orange and green stickers are eye sores and pop out against any color.

I am gonna spoil your fun!
Every single one of my EVs (and plug in Prius) had stickers assigned. We have them here. Physically! Once a car's funded and we assign plates internally (a week, tops), I am immediately sending out the white EV & the green PHEV decals myself. Felt a little like Santa Yesterday... I put quite a few stickers in the mail!!
Yet another extra step for me to take in my already busy workday but it's a very happy, worthwhile task to accomplish!

:D

Back