Two RAV4 EV Secrets

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sobayimage

Two bits of knowledge came to me this day. I couldn’t get the cruise control to work. To my surprise the cruise control doesn’t work if the shift level is in “B” brake regeneration position. The second bit was that Blink charging stations work differently for RAV4 EV owners. Normally Blink continues charging your account until the point you manually unplug. At the full charge point the RAV4 EV sends a signal to the Blink station and electronically stops the billing cycle. Leaf and Volt owners pay until the plug is manually removed from the car.

The charger disconnect is actually a Tesla feature, as all Tesla's have the same feature.
Also the disconnect is not immediate, and normally takes 10 to 15 minutes... So, i would not rely too heavily on it, as the extra 15 minutes can roll you over to the next hour.
But, with Blink pretty much at verge of liquidation, I guess we just have to wait and see who will buy their infrastructure, and how they will bill.

Ditto for both these items. I thought cruise control was broken.

I park at public garages and use Chargepoint units. The RAV4 disconnects after charging and Chargepoint sends me an alert that "the plug has been removed". No biggie….. BUT I think it means if i use remote climate control after this point, it will not be getting energy from the grid. Plus, I believe Chargepoint shows this charger as being available on their web page and smartphone app.

Back