Weird braking sound?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rav4ev1

Anyone experiencing weird noise when you brake at speed greater than about 30mph?...like a goosh goosh sound?

rav4ev1 said:
Anyone experiencing weird noise when you brake at speed greater than about 30mph?...like a goosh goosh sound?
The only noise I hear when braking at slow speeds is the vacuum assist pump. I haven't noticed it at higher speeds. Incidentally it is the same noise as on the Prius Plug In.

What braking sounds are you hearing at lower speeds? What does the vacuum assist pump sound like? I hear the "goosh goosh goosh" sound more often at higher speeds when I start braking, but it also makes the weird sound at lower speeds. It didn't make this sound before.

rav4ev1 said:
What braking sounds are you hearing at lower speeds? What does the vacuum assist pump sound like? I hear the "goosh goosh goosh" sound more often at higher speeds when I start braking, but it also makes the weird sound at lower speeds. It didn't make this sound before.

It is the sound of the vacuum pump. I am not very good at putting sounds to words but I identified it by putting my foot on the brake. I only hear it when the front window is rolled down. It was the same sound on the Prius Plug In.

So if it is the vacuum pump...is that a problem or is it normal?

So I took my car into Toyota service and they said it may be a propulsion system problem and couldn't do anything about it until they write up a report and submit it to Tesla. They said Tesla guy has to come out and check it out and this may take weeks. Do you all find this annoying? Do any of you know if we can just take it to a Tesla service shop to get it fixed right away?

Back