Whats the best all weather cargo liner?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im on the fence about this new cargo liner. I love that it covers everything, is waterproof and that its flexible but its not grippy and stuff slides around on it. Its not that big of a deal but hearing things slide around during cornering is a pet peeve of mine.

I wish I could find an all weather, rubber mat that covered the entire floor and the back of the seats.

The search continues...

Anyone want to buy the Covercraft liner from me?
IMAG1804_zpsx1kzjqmh.jpg

Back to the drawing board. I sold the Covercraft because I couldnt get over the fact that everything slides around on it. It was really annoying to me.

So I am now thinking about getting either the Weathertech cargo liner, Husky, or the oem. Here are the cheapest ones I have found so far.
Weathertech $127.95 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WeatherTech-Cargo-Liner-Toyota-RAV4-2006-2012-Black-/290732375960?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2012|Make%3AToyota|Model%3ARAV4|Submodel%3ABase&hash=item43b0ffff98&vxp=mtr

Husky $97.95 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261541443180?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

OEM $76.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261423384439?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Have any of you guys used any of these? Does stuff slide around on them?

jimbo69ny said:
Have any of you guys used any of these? Does stuff slide around on them?

I have the "OEM" in one of my rav's
and http://www.ebay.com/itm/321512309817 in my other rav

Although sturdy it is not as non-slip as the "OEM", which I will get another one of.

My first posting as a 4-day old Rav4 EV owner!! In a post below, one member suggested the WeatherTech cargo mat, which I ordered and received. I have a 2014 Rav4 EV and the mat did not fit. I am assuming it is because the EV cargo dimensions are slightly different than the normal Rav4. I am going to return the cargo mat, although I am a big fan of Weathertech. Does someone have a suggestion for a cargo mat that fits? I want to put the one that came with the vehicle in storage in case we end the lease in 36 mo.

califteacher said:
My first posting as a 4-day old Rav4 EV owner!! In a post below, one member suggested the WeatherTech cargo mat, which I ordered and received. I have a 2014 Rav4 EV and the mat did not fit. I am assuming it is because the EV cargo dimensions are slightly different than the normal Rav4. I am going to return the cargo mat, although I am a big fan of Weathertech. Does someone have a suggestion for a cargo mat that fits? I want to put the one that came with the vehicle in storage in case we end the lease in 36 mo.

Any time that you order aftermarket accessory items, you need to tell them that it is a "2012" RAV4.

The oil burner version changed body styles, but of course the electric version retained the 2012 body

I am sorry for being so ignorant of the fine points of the Rav4 EV. My wife and I just bought a 2014 model. I ordered the WeatherTech Cargo Liner, but made a mistake when asked if it was an EV model--naturally, when the liner arrived, it didn't fit.

From other posts, it sounds like I need to order the WeatherTech Cargo Liner that fits a 2012 Rav4 (regular version). Can someone confirm that they ordered this cargo liner from WeatherTech and it will fit our 2014 Rav4 EV? I can't go through another order & return, although WeatherTech was wonderful about it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

As a new owner of a 2014 Rav4 EV, I finally "got the message" regarding ordering accessories designed for the 2012 gas burner Rav4. I ordered a cargo liner from WeatherTech and it fit perfectly. Although we don't get much rough winter weather here in SoCal, the liner has a welcomed raised lip which would help contain a spilled drink or sand. I also found a source on Ebay for Covercraft window shades, which again fit perfectly.

Thank you, Tony, for the constant reminders about how to order accessories for the Rav4 EV--it is a steep learning curve for new owners, and takes a while to sink on.

Back