Will the JESLA work with a Tesla Supercharger?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmanny3

I am heading out to Santa Barbara and Buellton. There is a Marriott that has a Tesla Supercharger. Will it work with the JESLA and a NEMA 14-50?

No, if your looking for chageing in that area, Goleta Robobank on fair view has a 208v70 amp charger, only one and often in use, there are many in down town SB, charge point units at 30 amp, $1/hr. in Solvang there are a bunch of chargers but they charge $.35/kwh, a high price if you ask me. A little further in the valley is ElRancho market, there is a CC 30amp charger in the back that is free and almost never in use. If you need a quick top up n the weekend let me know I am only a block outside of down town Solvang.

Thanks for the information. I was almost certain that the supercharger only had a male receptacle that fit the Tesla. We wanted to stop at Brophie's for lunch and there is a charger not too far away. My concern was we would almost be out of juice coming from Tustin. We are staying at the Marriott in Buellton, which is why I asked about the charger. There is a camp site but they said they were sold out. Otherwise it is $60 to rent a space. When I asked her about just charging the car she said they did not do that. So I would have to rent a spot. There are 8 Tesla charge stations right next to the hotel. So for now we will just take the NSX and drive fast.
Manny

The Rabobank in Goleta is actually 240 volts 70 amps.

To use the JESLA, just search for NEMA 14-50's with one of the RV apps. I like to use "All Stays".

imagejpg1-1.jpg

imagejpg2.jpg

There are two chargers at the harbor, last time I was there only one worked, the Robobank was only charging at 208 with the B-class, which I can watch the charge data, last week. If you want to charge at night, get a hotel in Solvang, only a few miles away and there are many public chargers in town. Or on the weekends your more than welcome to dorm the car off in my driveway for a charge.

There are two chargers at the harbor, last time I was there only one worked, the Robobank was only charging at 208 with the B-class, which I can watch the charge data, last week. If you want to charge at night, get a hotel in Solvang, only a few miles away and there are many public chargers in town. Or on the weekends your more than welcome to dorm the car off in my driveway for a charge.

That is very kind of you. I thought of bringing our bikes so that we could leave the car where we needed to charge and ride to the hotel. For now I think we will just take the other car and visualize where we can stop and charge for our next trip to Santa Barbara. We want to eventually move back as we really miss the area a lot.
Manny

Not a problem, I have a big driveway and it makes the EV experience so much better when you know you have a place o charge. If your thinking about the area I would do so soon, houses are going crazy again, glad I bought a fixer upper a few years ago, I could not afford to buy my house today. Enjoy your trip, and the offer always stands.

We decided to drive to Temecula for Brunch. It was 110 mile round trip. We ended up with about 30 miles remaining. Drove about 60 miles per hour with the air conditioning on at eco high. Just wanted to make sure I could drive the distance. From our house in Tustin it is a 132 miles to Brophie's in Santa Barbara.
Manny

drmanny3 said:
We decided to drive to Temecula for Brunch. It was 110 mile round trip. We ended up with about 30 miles remaining. Drove about 60 miles per hour with the air conditioning on at eco high. Just wanted to make sure I could drive the distance. From our house in Tustin it is a 132 miles to Brophie's in Santa Barbara.
Manny
Hills and a headwind could be a factor.

Back