Strange Charging Notification from Entune

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmanny3

I noticed this morning that I received emails concerning the start and completion of charging. What was kind of strange is that I received three different notices. I had at least 90 miles remaining and all the segments were still lite prior to charging last night.
At 3:37 AM the charging start and ended at 4:43 AM
then
At 5:18 Am the charging start and ended at 5:21 AM
then
At 5:42 Am the charging start and ended at 5:43 Am

What gives? I am using the JESLA unit for charging. I am set for the extended charge.
This is the first time I have seen it do this. It was warm last night?
Manny

I had a complete failure to charge last night. Today, I haven't been able to access the Charge Management feature in entune. Since I use RavCharge for my charging needs, I emailed fooljoe to see if RavCharge sent the start request (it probably did). This looks like an Entune-related issue. I'm planning to call Toyota and will update if I hear anything useful from them (or fooljoe).

I've been having connection issue for the pass two days to the Entune Charge Management screen. Charging notification are not being sent either.

I got my charging notification e-mails as expected during the early mornings of May 13, 14, 15th. RavCharge scheduled pre-climate on May 14th evening did not work.

I have received charging notifications but have been unable to successfully activate remote climate over the past two days either via the Entune app or RavCharge. It's been killing me with this heat we're having!

I normally program all my charging through RAVcharge, but it did not work last night. This is the first time that this happened. It seemed that the car's intrinsic timer kicked in so my car did charge. Since we have 2 RAV4EV's, I would like to program them so they don't charge at the same time. Joe, is your server working right or is it all Entune?

It's all Entune - the RavCharge servers are working fine but Entune's not getting commands through to the cars whether you send them through RavCharge (or they're automatically sent by a timer) or through the Entune app. All we can do is complain to Entune support and hope they get it fixed soon.

In the meantime I recommend plugging in before you turn your car off, then noting the time when the display says it'll start charging. Adjust your departure timer accordingly (unfortunately doing this from Entune isn't working either so you'll have to turn the car back on) to get the car to start charging when you want.

You can also use RavCharge to predict how long the car "thinks" it'll take to charge by moving the voltage slider to 140V. Note the time to charge RavCharge shows, add 20 minutes, and add that time to when you want the charge to start to set your car's departure timer.

Example: My car's sitting at 47% charge, and I have a 40A EVSE. So when I move the voltage slider to 140, I can see that the car thinks it'll take 4:10 to charge (it'll actually take about 2:30.) Adding 20 minutes to that tells me that if I want the charge to start at 1:00 AM I need to set my Friday departure time to 5:30 AM.

drmanny3 said:
Looks like everything is back to normal. I had a start charge at 2:54 AM and stop charge at 4:26 AM
So not sure what was going on.
Manny
Whatever caused your strange notification emails may be back to normal, but the other Entune problem reported here, where Entune isn't sending any commands to vehicles (like start charge, start climate, refresh) is persisting.

drmanny3 said:
I noticed this morning that I received emails concerning the start and completion of charging. What was kind of strange is that I received three different notices. I had at least 90 miles remaining and all the segments were still lite prior to charging last night.
At 3:37 AM the charging start and ended at 4:43 AM
then
At 5:18 Am the charging start and ended at 5:21 AM
then
At 5:42 Am the charging start and ended at 5:43 Am

What gives? I am using the JESLA unit for charging. I am set for the extended charge.
This is the first time I have seen it do this. It was warm last night?
Manny
I speculate the BMS was topping up the battery as the battery cooled. Possibly it was turning back on do to actively cooling the battery.
Basically I attribute the extra process is due to the record heat we had this week in OC.

Back