Entune Compatibility List

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khaihon

According to The Entune Compatible Phones list, which is updated monthly, it seems that there is not a single phone that fully supports a Message Alert feature (green check). For my iPhone 5 on Verizon, I seem to be able to receive text notifications just fine, but always get an error trying to send a message. Has anyone been successful at sending a text message via Entune?

I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon also. I don't get any messages. It would be nice to be able to send and receive messages. Heck, I can't even really use the phone book feature because I have over 3000 contacts on my iPhone and there doesn't seem to be any way to manually select which entries get sent over to the car. It's not like it takes the first 100 entries (in alphabetical order) either. I think the only way to specify which ones get copied over is to reduce the phone book to 100 entries on the phone, synch them over and then put them back on the phone (and then never synch them again).

Madcow,

Did you enable Receive notifications from the Bluetooth device settings on your iPhone? Once you enable that, power cycle your car. That should at least let you receive text messages. You won't be able to read your messages unless you are stopped but you have the option to have the car speak the message to you while you are driving.

Khaihon,

Thanks for this info. I had not enabled receive notifications from Bluetooth on my iPhone. Once I did this and power cycled the car I can now receive text messages. It would be nice if I had full functionality (send/receive) but this is better than nothing. Thanks for the info!

Back